Accu Chek Mobile Device

poacher_joe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All

I have been using the Accu-Chek mobile device for 6 months since diagnosis, today whilst cycling I took my BG reading whilst I was changing my lancet drum I dropped the cap into a drain!

As a result I am unable to change the prick length, on average I check my BG 10 times a day so having harsh pricks will make my fingers calus over.

Will Roche provide a replacement cap considering I have consumed a fair amount of consumerables with this devices? If not does anyone have suggestions were I may be able to track a replacement? As I enjoy the flexibility of the casettes and how its the size of a mobile!!

Thanks All

Joe

martsnow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All

I have been using the Accu-Chek mobile device for 6 months since diagnosis, today whilst cycling I took my BG reading whilst I was changing my lancet drum I dropped the cap into a drain!

As a result I am unable to change the prick length, on average I check my BG 10 times a day so having harsh pricks will make my fingers calus over.

Will Roche provide a replacement cap considering I have consumed a fair amount of consumerables with this devices? If not does anyone have suggestions were I may be able to track a replacement? As I enjoy the flexibility of the casettes and how its the size of a mobile!!

Thanks All

Joe
Hi Joe

I am really sorry that you are having problems with the length of your prick,?

Unfortunately I use different type of BG meter. There may be member, along soon, on the forum, who has but no longer uses their Accu Check. The only other alternatives I can think of, is to contact the customer services of the manufacturer to try to get a replacement, or maybe look on E Bay to see if someone is selling a cheap used system

Mart

martsnow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All

I have been using the Accu-Chek mobile device for 6 months since diagnosis, today whilst cycling I took my BG reading whilst I was changging my lancet drum I dropped the cap into a drain!

Thanks All

Joe
Hi Joe there is a complete used system on E Bay for £7.50 at the moment with no bids

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Strip-Fre...7687818?hash=item2a5bbc368a:g:MMcAAOSw~bFWNfC

Regards

Mart

2131tom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All

I've had a look on e-Bay and drawn a blank on my search for a spare pricker (!) but, if all else fails, new kits aren't desperately expensive (unlike test strips) and it always helps to have a spare meter.

Before you go down that road, though, I suggest you contact Accu-Chek at: https://www.accu-chek.co.uk/gb/customerservice/contactus/index.html and explain what's happened.

IME, most staff helplines are very human - they also tend to have a sense of humour :) - and you might just find they'll send you a replacement, gratis.

Good luck, and let us all know how you get on.

Pilgrim22

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
animal cruelty
Just phone customer service, tell them what has happened. They might just surprise you.

Reactions: 2 people

ann34+

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi All

Thanks All

Joe
Those caps are easy to lose - i have lost 2 already....No need for E-Bay or buying anything - agree with Pilgrim22, ask customer services, alternatively, just ask your nurse at the GP - they are inundated with free sets from a lot of the manufacturers to give away, i got a fresh set the other day! Have now been sent or been given at surgery or hospital quite a number of different sets, recently tried 3. The new blood testing regulations are coming in, there are numerous new machines and the businesses want to use this change to try to maximise their customers. its a good time for patients, too, as we can try them all, with the free strips, i have already found one i prefer over my usual tester.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Member224397

The caps are available for free on the Accu-Chek online store at www.accu-chek.com (at least in the Swiss one). They might also have them in pharmacies.

Have you looked into continuous glucose monitoring? A device like the Dexcom G5 might save you (or your insurance) money by requiring fewer test strips (only 2 a day for calibration).

Last edited:

poacher_joe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All
I appreciate all your responses I managed to call the customer help line today whilst at work. Great news they are sending me a new pen which will resolve the issue.
Happy days!
Everyone keep on checking your bloods and be United. :)

Joe

Reactions: 4 people