Levimeir.. Quick question

Abbiec12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Just a quick one.. If I'm on 2 doses of levimeir, one in the morning and one at night, does the night time one have to be the higher dose or doesn't it matter? Thanks

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just a quick one.. If I'm on 2 doses of levimeir, one in the morning and one at night, does the night time one have to be the higher dose or doesn't it matter? Thanks

Doesn't matter as long as your sugar levels are in range with no hypos/hypers. Some people need more at night to cope with dawn phenomenon, the dreaded early morning rise in sugar levels. Some less, whatever works.

Abbiec12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Doesn't matter as long as your sugar levels are in range with no hypos/hypers. Some people need more at night to cope with dawn phenomenon, the dreaded early morning rise in sugar levels. Some less, whatever works.

Great help, thanks a lot :)

Cassandra13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
My larger one is in the morning because I have a fairly stressfull day-to-day job. My night one is less as most of my hypos are in the middle of the night !

Pilgrim22

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
animal cruelty
I have two equal doses, twelve hours apart. Everyone is different.

AndyS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The doses should be whatever is required to maintain your levels.

When I first started on levemir I was on equal doses. Then for a long while morning dose was higher.
For the last few months night time has been higher but it has been steadily dropping so they may switch again at some stage.

My advice is review your logs and adjust according to the patterns you are seeing.

Reactions: 4 people