Your day in the life....

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
If you've recorded your day in the life, either post the details in here, or place a link to your day if you have blogged it in the blog or elsewhere as your response. I'm looking forward to reading all of these.

Reactions: 7 people

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
07:33
Tested: 11.2

I inject 5 units Novorapid, 18 units Lantus.
I get a sinking feeling because it's always disappointing to get a HIGH bs reading. I spend 5 minutes studying yesterday's 7 tests, trying to spot the problem. I'd been 2.8 at 20:16 which could have been the cause.

I calculate and eat a breakfast of 8g Carb: Greek yoghurt, a few blueberries and some walnuts.

(Drove to Sainsbury's to do a shop for next 4 days)

11:22
Tested : 4.4

Back home, I'm relieved that my bs is back on track. i have espresso and cream and 10g (1 square) of 85% chocolate. I don't need to inject a bolus dose for this: my Accu-chek meter is something I can rely on.
I input data into mySugr app.

13:15
Tested: 4.4

I inject 1 unit Novorapid.
I do the test while cooking: chicken casserole with green pepper, onions, carrot, a splash of white wine and cream. Roasted crispy kale to go with. a glass of white to go with, also. Dessert was stewed apple and cream. The apple was the major carb in this meal. I calculate a total of 15g carb for the meal, but am conscious that my calculations are probably fairly dodgey, but I DO TRY.

7-day average is now 6.3

16:12
Tested: 6.9

Active insulin: 0
I drink a cup of Pukka chai with cream (ie, no carbs)
Meter tells me I don't need to inject a bolus dose. Hmmm! Not so sure, but I'll go with it.

18:47
Tested: 5.0

I inject 1 unit Novorapid
I do the test while cooking tomato, basil and cheese omelettes. Served with romaine leaves. Followed by 30g 85% chocolate.
I calculate this as 4g carb for the tomato, and 6g carb for the chocolate. Might be an overestimate.
I'm pleased I trusted my meter at 16:12. If I hadn't, I might have gone too low.

22:51
Tested: 4.5

Active insulin: 0
I decide 4.5 is too low to sleep on, and have a 5g snack: cheese slice with peanut butter, and a Yorkshire brew with splash of milk:
- 0.6 upward correction needed
0.5 for 5g snack
so no bolus injection

might test at midnight if I'm still awake, I'm wondering if I'm going to be high again tomorrow morning.....

Last hbA1c: 51

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

BethTwydall

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
****** doctors
8am Woke up with a really dry mouth and thirsty. Did BS - 12. Must have eaten too late last night. Gave 2 units of insulin to cover high.
8.30am breakfast, low carb so had 3 sausages, an avocado and some pepper. Gave 0.7 units to cover the sausages.
11.21am pop to mums for a cuppa, get half way there and realise blood test kit is still on the kitchen table. Drive back and pick up kit. Get to mums and everyone's having croissants but have to sadly decline. Blood sugar has risen again to 16! Unsure if this is because there's hidden sugar in the sausages or my cannula is blocked. Change cannula just in case. Lots of small bubbles have appeared in the tube. Push bubbles out and start again. Set basal rate to 120% for 45 minutes to try and get sugars down.
11.45am still 16, waiting to go for a walk. Not sure wether to wait for insulin to work or start walking....
12.20pm decide to walk anyway, walk to the tor (very steep) half way up check bs, 12.5.
12.38pm top of the tor, check bs again, 10.4, getting there!
1.26pm pop to town for lunch - go to chemists on route to pick up my prescription that I dropped in 7 days ago, still not ready! BS - 10.1, choose a chicken salad and redbush tea for lunch, no carbs (hopefully) so no insulin required!
14.45pm walked home, retested, 11.2 must have been secret carbs in the chicken :( correction dose 1.4 units.
17.09pm prep dinner. Cauliflower rice and smoked haddock kedigree for me and with rice for the family. BS 8.7, still slightly high after a day of having high blood sugars. Feeling tired and ****** off that it hasn't come down. After weighing dinner out, work out I need 4 units of insulin and an extra 0.4 because of the slight high. Hope this covers dinner and I'm lower before I go to bed.
19.28pm retest again after dinner 5.9!! Wahoo! Only taken nearly 12 hours to get it back to normal range. Let's hope it stays that way until the morning!!

Reactions: 4 people

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
00.00 am the night before. Test before bed - 10.2. Pump doesn't allow correction but I go against it ( I ate lentils for dinner so dont expect a drop)and give myself 0.5 u. Set alarm in 2h
2 am test 9.5 - pump gives correction of 0.2 u
6.15 am - test 6.4. Happy about it:)
6.45 - bolus 2 unit for breakfast + 1u as extended
7.15 - rush to make the breakfast as for lowish GI its a big delay
8.15 - walk to work (2 miles) feeling wobbly. Tested 8.1 (!). obviously not a hypo
9 am - daily test just before lessons start. I don't want to go low in front of the children. Test 7.00
10.10 am feeling hungry (Am I going low?) Tested 4.7. Snack grapefruit (10g) with no bolus (pump doesn't allow)
10.50 am realised my grapefruit was a bit bigger than the one shown in carb&Cal app. Bolus 0.5 u
1 pm Test 6.4. Lunch veg curry with lentils 30g carbs plus some protein (to lazy to calculate, just a guess). A bit of a guess with extended bolus for lentils. Decided for 2h
14.35 Test 11.2. It wasn't a good guess. Cancelled extended and gave it as a standard
3.30 pm Test 8.6 left it as it was
5 pm Snack 2 kabanos (dried thin sausages) 0.7 for protein
8 pm Test 6.2 Dinner stir fry with prawns + rice noodles. All 64 g carb. Didn't bother to calculate protein for prawns or fat. Bolus 6.4
8.15 30g of Lindt chocolate. I know it will probably mess my readings but couldn't resist. Now contemplating having glass of whisky with diet coke o_O
Update at 10.30 pm

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I spent most of the day with my head in massive crates surfing a hypo sorting out reclaimed terracotta tiles because a customer only wants brown ones..

It felt like rumaging through Fred Flitstones video collection..

Reactions: 10 people

rachel162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
01:00 and 01:05 - CGM alarm tells me I'm in the 3s, had a sandwich and did 3 units instead of 5
01:45 - still in the 3s, couple of dextrose just to get me up before sandwich hopefully starts to work
07:30 - woken up, again by my CGM, to say that I was 13.1, corrected with 3 units
10:00 - pump alarm goes off to tell me it's out of insulin, and I'm still in the 9s but I feel really high...and surely I won't come down to 5 in the next hour before my insulin wears off...let me just do 1 more unit
12:08 - blood sugar in the high 3s but just about to go out...best have a cereal bar, 17g carbs but only 1 unit
12:25 - walking into town, CGM warned me I was low but I felt better, must just be the delay
12:40 and 13:05 - CGM went off again in the middle of a shop and everyone looked at me, 3.1 then 2.7, orange juice both times
14:30 - finally arrive at my aunts house after an hour walk from town, 1 unit cause I know I'll be eating soon
15:30 - blood sugar in the 7s, crisps and snacks laid out, I do another 3 units and hope I can guess what 4 units worth of food looks like
16:26 - blood sugar back to 5, 2 units to cover my first few glasses of wine, spend some time explaining to my auntie how my CGM worked, love that she was so interested!
20:03 blood sugar had hovered in the high 3s/low 4s for the last few hours but now up at 6.9 (I know my evening basal is way off), plus still got another glass of wine, 2 units
20:30 - dropped home after a total of about five glasses of wine, now at 4.1 - 3 macaroons as I'll start to come down soon

This is probably my least healthy or sensible day since coming back home a week ago for a much needed break...will be paying a bit more attention when I go back down south tomorrow! Glad I did this, it's amazing how much thought goes into my diabetes every day

Mrs Vimes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
4.20 am cgm alarming. DP kicked off early today 7.3, 1u correction. 5am up and changing pump. Flicking for Britain cos you don't want bubbles. 2 cups of coffee with double cream. Bolus for shower 0.35u.
7am bs 6.2.
Didn't go to gym this morning so cgm kicks off again. DP is a complete behatch. 1u correction at 8.20 for bs of 7.6. Test before day kicks off (teacher) and flick more bubbles out.
Break time 6.6, 0.2u
12.30 6.7, 0.25u. Coffee with cream.
3.30, 6.1
4.30, 7.1 afternoon liver dump, 1u.
Combi bolus of 4u for egg, bacon and gluten free sausage. Sugar free jelly and cream.
8.00, 7.7.
Running a +100% basal for 4hours as don't always eat that much protein in one go. Bloody lovely though.
9.00 8.6. Hopefully that's the turning point of the spike.
Throughout a full teaching day, meeting after school, 1.5 hours marking. Break taken up with kids. 15 minutes of my 35 minute dinner taken up with kids.

Evening sort out gym stuff. Personal training session 6.30 am tomorrow. Lucozade - check. 4g sugar sweets - check. Test strips for the day - check. Spare cannular in bag - check. Spare cannular in gym bag - check.
New insulin vial out of fridge.

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve got a pretty d*** good one:
Last night, I wake up to (literally) 27 missed calls and someone pounding on my door. I open it up (in just my underwear) and am met by four emergency paramedics with a gurney in hand.
What happened:
Earlier in the evening I had installed a new Dexcom sensor and it had apparently malfunctioned just after I went to sleep. Consequently, my girlfriend (who flies to New York for work every week) and my mother received Dexcom alerts that my blood sugar had fallen below 2.2 mmol/L.
To make matters worse, I had accidentally fallen asleep with the TV on and didn’t hear my phone (which was on vibrate). When they didn't hear from me they called 9-1-1 (I'm in the U.S.) and reported an emergency.

To make matters EVEN WORSE, my girlfriend happened to read an article about “Dead in bed” syndrome last week.

Long story short, I was perfectly fine and my blood sugar never even dipped below 4, but the paramedics were a few minutes away from breaking down my door expecting to find me unconscious.

Side note: In light of the events, I went an bought an Apple watch so now my Dexcom receiver, iPhone, two ipads, and my watch will all go off if my blood sugar is too high or if anyone calls me. I'll also be calling Dexcom later and expecting a replacement sensor.

Reactions: 12 people

Mrs Vimes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Last night, I wake up to (literally) 27 missed calls and someone pounding on my door. I open it up (in just my underwear) and am met by four emergency paramedics with a gurney in hand.
What happened:
Earlier in the evening I had installed a new Dexcom sensor and it had apparently malfunctioned just after I went to sleep. Consequently, my girlfriend (who flies to New York for work every week) and my mother received Dexcom alerts that my blood sugar had fallen below 2.2 mmol/L.
To make matters worse, I had accidentally fallen asleep with the TV on and didn’t hear my phone (which was on vibrate). When they didn't hear from me they called 9-1-1 (I'm in the U.S.) and reported an emergency.

To make matters EVEN WORSE, my girlfriend happened to read an article about “Dead in bed” syndrome last week.

Long story short, I was perfectly fine and my blood sugar never even dipped below 4, but the paramedics were a few minutes away from breaking down my door expecting to find me unconscious.

Side note: In light of the events, I went an bought an Apple watch so now my Dexcom receiver, iPhone, two ipads, and my watch will all go off if my blood sugar is too high or if anyone calls me. I'll also be calling Dexcom later and expecting a replacement sensor.

Bloody hell - you win !

Reactions: 10 people

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What happened:

Not funny but it made me laugh:)

Natalie1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
04.05 wake up feeling sweaty and itchy...test at 3.0...stuff 3 jelly babies and a couple of crackers to hold me up till morning...test again..3.6...heading in the right direction...back to bed
5.00 still willing myself to go back to sleep...can't work out if I'm hot or cold.
6.30 alarm goes off...not sure I got back to sleep at all...test at 12.1 ARGH!!! 2u correction...don't want to over correct in case I get stuck in traffic.
7.30 Off to work...realise as I get to the bottom of the road that I'm almost out of test strips...back home...I'm completely out of test strips...quietly curse the doctors for limiting me to 100 at a time...grab spare meter...off to work.
8.30 Half hour late to work...test at 10.2...take 4u to correct and cover breakfast.
9.30 boss has a moan about my being late and moans that his report was late...bite my tongue and apologise profusely.
10.30 grab spare meter...dead battery...tell boss I need to pop out for a new battery...get moaned at again...close to tears at this point...it's not me being disorganised...this **** just happens...I'd give anything not to have to deal with it.
10.45 test at 8.1...yay :)back in single figures...1u correction
11.45 Just checking...7.1 :)
1.00 test at 7.3 3u to cover lunch...eat lunch at my desk
2.45 check 8.2...could be worse...1u correction
4.00 leaving work in half hour...test at 7
4.30 race home to catch the chemist and collect test strips before the chemist closes
5.45 home...test at 6 :)
8.00 test before dinner 11.2...4u eat dinner.
9.30 feeling funny...eyes bigger than belly apparently...3.3...here we go again...3 jelly babies and a left over loveheart found in the cupboard that I couldn't resist...no idea on carbs...fingers crossed it won't be too bad.
10.00 enough already...one more test and off to bed..hoping for a better day tomorrow :)

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nowhere near as exciting as others, but anyway:

6:30 - alarm is going. Quick scan on Libre shows I'm at 9.1 but was around 5 until a few minutes ago. Dawn phenomenon. Great.

7:10 - take my 5 units Lantus, 1 unit Novorapid and folic acid tablets with breakfast, including a correction for the DP. Have to think about what the day and date is to make sure my injections go in the right places. Restock my case with all the needles/strips/lancets I'll need for the day.

7:30 - read tim2000s blog posts so far. Laughed at the expression "dia-chondriac". I am one of those.

9:00 - arrive at work, scan Libre. 6.8 so correction is working. Time for a cup of tea, one of only three drinks I have now (water, tea, wine). If I get pregnant I suppose that will go down to two.

12:30 - time for lunch. Libre says 6.4. Lunch is exactly the same thing I bring to work every day - meat, spinach and vegetable sticks with 2 units Novorapid. Frustrating to do my injection at the table as then I am slower to start eating than everyone else and finish last, but learnt from experience that if you inject early and everyone else is stuck in the queue that can be much worse.

14:30 - BG test 8.4. Lunch obviously not as consistent as I think it is :( Then again could be hormones, stress, illness, absorption issue, the weather, or just because it felt like it. Decide to wait until dinner before correcting.

17:00 - Check BG before leaving work that I'm high enough to drive. Recently been having a challenge to hit target pre-pregnancy levels and legally drive. 6.9 today so no problem on the driving front.

17:30 - occurs to me on the drive home that the high levels all day could be pregnancy related, as my period is late. Buy a test on the way home.

18:00 - test shows not pregnant. For now. May be for the best as hoping to start my pump soon. Realise I still haven't heard about the CCG funding. Need to find time to call my DSN tomorrow.

18:30 - scan Libre 6.6. Kedgeree for dinner, 4.5 units of Novorapid and 6 units of Lantus. Sit down after dinner for some Quizzy Monday on BBC2.

20:30 - scan shows 8.4 and plummeting. BG test at same time says 6.8 so it must be going down pretty quick. Going to wait and see for a bit because the rice from dinner should be kicking in. This is why I love my Libre - if I wasn't wearing it I'd have no idea what was going on, and run high to be on the safe side.

20:45 - scan now shows 7.0 and the arrow is on a slower decline. Plan to monitor for a bit and then have a snack before bed if I need one.

22:00 - back up to 8.7, no snack needed. Don't want to take a correction as get a pretty big drop overnight sometimes. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Reactions: 6 people

fairylights

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Context - I have been using a pump for only 3 months and have had no problems, in hindsight I should have realised earlier that there was problem as my BGL started rising around 8pm Sunday , last set change had been 8pm on Saturday evening. So this is not a typical day. Went to bed at 10pm on Sun with BGL of 22.4 and 0.4 ketones. Took a 6.1u correction. Set alarm for 3am to recheck as I was concerned.

00:25
Woke up, checked clock, too early to check BGL, back to sleep

01:24
BGL 28.3
Woke up, needed to pee, went to toilet, Came back to bed checked BGL 28.3 !! Checked ketones 0.3. Went downstairs and injected 16u of humalog from pen in fridge. Changed infusion set after reading flowchart from hospital. Drank 1 pint sugar free diluting juice.

01:50
Back to bed, set alarm for 04:15

04:15
BGL 19.6
Alarm goes, check BGL. Still 19.6 but at least it's coming down. Try and work out how much IOB from injection, bolus 2.5u correction.

06:50
BGL 7.0
Alarm goes, check BGL 7.0 - thank goodness and no correction required , still 1.1u IOB. (Target set at 5.5)

07:00
Disconnect pump for shower.

07:20
Reconnect pump after shower, check and put cream on feet.

07:30
Fill a new reservoir for next pump change as I didn't do this in the night and I have been taught to always have the next one ready in my emergency kit (I was glad of that last night)

08:00
BGL 4.4
After breakfast of scrambled egg and coffee test BGL 4.4. Still 0.5 IOB ate 3 dextrose as about to drive. Took pump off belt clip and put in sock in bra.

10:50
BGL 7.0
Went to toilet and checked BGL 7.0 (no one at works knows except my boss) took correction of 0.7

12:20
BGL 2.7
Felt funny tested BGL 2.7 - ate 5 dextrose

12:40
BGL 3.9
Drove 1 mile to my mother's tested BGL 3.9, ate sausages, salad and drank a mocha, 35g carbs bolus 3.5u (subtraction for 3.9 made by pump)

16:47
BGL 7.2
Tested before driving home BGL 7.2

17:51
Read diabetes forum

18:30
BGL 6.8
Took BGL 6.8 dinner shepherds pie, looked up mash on dafne app, yogurt, 60g carbs 0.6u correction total 9.9u

21:00
Picked up Balance magazine from friend at music group who's husband is T1. Chatted about his recent experience as an inpatient.

21:59
BGL 18.1
Tested BGL 18.1 bother, don't know what's going on. Correction 4.0, hoping not another bad cannula it feels fine. This is how it started last night as well!

22:25
Took pump out of sock in bra and reattached clip. Read Day in the Life messages so far. Can't believe I have so many erratic readings today I've had plenty of days where my BGL is between 4 and 9 all day and this is without a doubt the worst day I have had since being on the pump.

22:58
BGL 13.0
Tested 13.0 - coming down thank goodness. Still have 4.4 active insulin and it would only have given me 3.5 as correction. Hope that doesn't mean I'll be hypo by 2am. Average BGL for today 10.7 - worst day since August. Off to be to read Balance magazine, hopefully tomorrow will be more normal.

Reactions: 6 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Sounds like a great night in to me...!?!

image.jpeg

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
7:03am just woke up - no alarm here

7:05am first test of the day 5.7 Yay !! my latest tweak of 3and 4am basals appears to have done the trick

7:09am first job of the day , coffee made , is turn the computer on and check out the D forum for any new threads.

8:09amBG test 5.3 , pod change this morning , putting the new pod on my right arm so sprayed the Cavilon on. I am getting quite slick at these pod changes. Getting them done in about 5 minutes from start to finish. Did a small manual bolus ( 0.1u) on the new pod to make sure could hear it delivering insulin. next test about 9:30am to ensure new pod performing.

8:20am first tablets of the day now - 2.5mg indapamide and 20mg omeprazole

8:21-9:24 check emails and listening to music on headphones -- don't want to disturb OH beauty sleep on forum as well , responded to somebody with a lantus distribution issue

9:25am first BG test on new pod 6.6 - PDM gave me a 0.6u bolus. Have this habit of not eating breakfast early , on my 3rd cup of coffee though.

9:30-10:35 chatting with a couple of my online D mates , just catching up on yesterdays BG's , comaprisons and what we are all up to today. I am planning to upload my PDM to Diasend a bit later today. great piece of online software.

10:35am BG test **** ! 8.4 -- PDM suggests a 1.25u bolus but I add to that with a .5u manual - I seem to get this rise with a pod change - I wonder if others do ??

10:40-11:20am - been having a chat with OH about what we doing today -- decided to wrap christmas presents and get them out of the way -- will be a job well done as we get to december

so been spending the last 40 minutes wrapping.

11:21am well at least sure new pod is deffo working , just registered a 8.0 so no rise from last test. carry on wrapping presents

12:15pm latest test 6.2 , 2 slices wholemeal toast - first food of the day - starving !!. don't want to risk eating after a pod change until I can see it is working properly. I think my initial training with Rep and DSN and the prospect of DKA had a massive impact on my thinking. don't eat until I am in BG range.

12:25pm wrapping completed , ½ hour back on the forum reading through some topics. after that carry on reading The bleachers by John Grisham on the kindle. Having the kindle has been great for my reading which I love and as I can make the font a bit bigger and easy to read I am reading loads more recently.

2:25pm 2 hour post meal test 7.0 Yay ! No correction from the PDM - just uploaded data from pump to Diasend. quite excited as latest 7 day average is 6.5 with 67% of readings within range , and 27% above and only 5% below. quite please with this after 6 weeks on pump as the improvements and stability are really starting to come through. Says I am averaging 13 tests per day - feels like more to me.

3:45pm starving - thought I would have a snack so had 3 jacobs cream crackers Bg 5.4 bolus 2.9 as suggested by PDM having a monday roast ( instead of sunday ) tonight so starting the prep , weighing out all the veg and recording in my daily diary. roast parsnips and a couple roast potatoes - yum , also broccoli , and cauliflower. having a roast chicken tonight - it is a favourite in the himtoo household.

4:30pm bit of a blip , had those sneaky cream crackers about 45 minutes ago , just tested BG and it has jumped to 9.0 looks as though bolus was not quite right - bolused a .6 manual to correct.

5:30pm BG back down to 5.8 so feeling much better about snacking. glass of white wine on the go as I am in the kitchen. Planning to eat about 6:15 , currently tending the dinner.

5:55pm starving hungry now just thinking about pre bolusing as many on the forum talk about -- somehow I don't completely trust it now I am on the pump - afraid it will send me plummeting in the next 20 minutes before we eat. 61 carbs in total 11.05u bolus

6:15pm roast potatoes running 10 minutes behind schedule , everything else done and in the oven keeping warm - hate it when I don't get my timing spot on oh , and I did prebolus at 5:55 and now will be eating at 6:30

6:29pm **** - just tested and 3.8 so had to eat a couple of fruit pastilles as sitting down to dinner to be sure , also realised 15 minutes later I forgot to serve the peas ( for my OH) as I was a bit stressed as sitting down at 3.8

7:05pm I am doing the tidying up tonight as OH wants her normal front row seat for coronation street.

7:20pm quiet night -- listening to headphones , bit of vintage rock tonight from the 70's

8:40pm BG test 4.6 carrying on listening to music

9:20pm BG test 4.0 - 5 quick acting carb

10:20pm BG test 5.3 just watching the shocking aftermath of Paris on the news -terrible

11:00pm BG test 5.3 no snack before bed , I find I am comfortable going to bed at this sort of level on the pump whereas I would have always had a snack like a piece of toast at this level. could it be a long term reduction in daily calorie intake with this change - hopefully

11:05pm off to bed now

Last edited by a moderator:

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Please keep them coming - it's fascinating to read everyone's different experiences. It would also be interesting to see everyone's Hba1C as the majority of the experiences here show what was classified under the DCCT as "intensive insulin therapy". I'll start - mine was 5.8%/40mmol/mol at last check.

@himtoo, your question about changing your pod and seeing a rise post change. I think it's the same for anyone changing a cannula. The changeover causes minor inflammation, which in turn causes minor insulin resistance. I believe it is different to an injection because the cannula is thicker than a needle, and it remains in place, disturbing the tissue for longer.

There is evidence from animals, and limited evidence in humans that certain Cytokines are linked to Insulin Resistance and these tend to be present in volume when there is inflammation, which of course a new cannula induces. (Article discussing this factor in relation to T2 and obesity here: http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00005-012-0210-1).

Reactions: 2 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
latest HbA1c for me done on the 22nd october (23 days on pump ) was 44 ( 6.2%)
pre pump HbA1c done on august 10th was 41 ( 5.9%)