Lidl not doing Protein Rolls any more?

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I found them a bit heavy going.
If you wrap them in a piece of kitchen towel and pop them in the microwave for about 30 to 40 seconds they are much softer and nicer to eat. Without doing that they are a bit chewy and firm....but saying that I am happy to just have some bread I can eat after going without for so long

vintageutopia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
These Lidl posts make me bitter. ;) When I make it to the UK, you can bet I will be trying these.

Reactions: 2 people

RYU

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
having to take medication
Managed to pick up 28 for the freezer just in case.

Barry Holt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Drivers who speed in built up areas
Plenty in our Lidl this morning in fact I've never seen as many(made a special journey after reading post about maybe no more

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I did panic when they first dropped the price to 29p without dropping the price of their other selections.
They are my saviour, but I slice mine in half and toast them. So delicious.

smag3

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Doctors telling me that I probably know more than them
Dear Mrs Giorgi

Re: Availability of High Protein Roll

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding the above item.

Unfortunately this item is not available in our stores at the moment and I am unable to provide a specific date for its return. I am hopeful that this will be available in the future. In the meantime, I have passed your interest in this item to our Buying Department for their information.

Thank you again for contacting us

Yours sincerely,
For and on behalf of Lidl UK GmbH

Daniel Murphy
Customer Service

[T] + 44 (0) 370 444 1234 / 0800 977 7766
[E] [email protected]

So it seems they will be vanishing soon so better stock up or start baking. Sad sad day.

smag3

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Doctors telling me that I probably know more than them
These are the ingredients for the rolls, if they vanish I will be trying to bake them. If I find a good ratio of ingredients I will let you all know.
I just wonder what they use as a raising agent?

Lidl High Protein Rolls
Ingredients:
Water, Linseeds, Wheat Protein, Soya Flour, Whole Wheat Flour, Sesame, Soybean Meal, Sunflower Seeds, Wheat Bran, Oat Fiber, Yeast, Salt, Colouring Spice Extracts (Curcuma).

Nutritional Information:

Typical Values per 100g:

Energy 1194kJ/268kcal

Fat 13.4g (Of which saturates 0.4g)

Carbohydrate 8.5g (Of which sugars 0.5g)

Fibre 12.4g

Protein 26.7g

Salt 0.99g

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I stocked up as many as my freezer would take I think about 20 in there now and few to eat fresh. Tonight dinner is destroying one more of this roll with omelette. I hope they wouldn't stop them.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

@smag3 Hmmm...looks like you got the same cut and paste email as Carol on post #17. Perhaps this is the one they send out whenever anything is reported as out of stock :confused:

I have just been to their website, selected my local store and they are still showing hp rolls in the bakery section.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dear Mrs Giorgi

Re: Availability of High Protein Roll

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding the above item.

Unfortunately this item is not available in our stores at the moment and I am unable to provide a specific date for its return. I am hopeful that this will be available in the future. In the meantime, I have passed your interest in this item to our Buying Department for their information.

Thank you again for contacting us

Yours sincerely,
For and on behalf of Lidl UK GmbH

Daniel Murphy
Customer Service

[T] + 44 (0) 370 444 1234 / 0800 977 7766
[E] [email protected]

So it seems they will be vanishing soon so better stock up or start baking. Sad sad day.

That is exactly the same reply I received from them when I asked them if they were going to do them in my local store when not all stores did them to start with and I got that same reply. A couple of days later there they were in my store and as far as I know they haven't stopped yet

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My local Aldi has just reopened after enlarging the store and now they are doing their own baking maybe if we ask them they will do a high protein roll if Lidl do stop making them

Cathn61may

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
people who think they know it all
They are delicious I put Lidls crayfish tails in them my idea of heaven.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I wonder if it would encourage Lidl to carry on with them if everyone posting or reading this thread were to contact them to ask them to continue and explain why they are needed - and maybe get others who also enjoy them but don't use this particular forum to do the same.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They have said they are not discontinuing them so no panic and they are aware of our need for them. Their popularity is growing because of it....hence the baskets being empty so often

Louise M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The misinformation out there about diabetes and misunderstanding of difference between Type1 and 2 .
Anyone know if they are doing them in Ireland ?

pam_x_pam

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So does anybody know if they are available in Ireland or not?