OK - what can I eat?

captainlynne

I know I have to watch what I eat because of the diabetes, especially carbs.

Today I've been told to watch amount of protein because I've got gout (in my wrist!).

Doesn't seem to leave much :(

Any suggestions before I fade away (in my dreams :lol: )

Lynne

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
This is from BUPA,

* shouldn't eat foods that are very high in purine such as liver, kidneys and seafood (especially oily fish such as mackerel, sardines and anchovies), and certain vegetables (asparagus, beans, cauliflower, lentils, mushrooms, oatmeal and spinach) - ask your doctor or a dietitian for advice
* shouldn't drink too much alcohol - especially beer, stout, port and fortified wines
* should eat a well-balanced diet and exercise to lose excess weight
* should drink up to two litres of water a day unless you have been advised not to

This is the link if you want to read the full article.

http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/gout.html#2

captainlynne

Thanks Sue.

Don't drink anyway, so that's ok.

Don't like liver much, and not eaten kidneys since I was at school. Allergic to sea food. Don't eat much asparagus because it's expensive.

But would have eaten all the others.

Mmmmm. Just thought. The dreaded locum told me it was protein that was the problem. Could be he was the tea boy waving a pretend ID card at me :lol:

Aadrgon

captainlynne said:
Mmmmm. Just thought. The dreaded locum told me it was protein that was the problem. Could be he was the tea boy waving a pretend ID card at me

If they asked you to strip before discussing your diet it was the tea boy :lol: :lol: