Insulin pump course

djjenko

Hi Guys and Dolls,

I am just waiting to go on the pump plus i am waiting to go on the 2 day pump course at James cook university hospital Middlesborough.
I was searching the net for info on the course and found this site http://www.conferencessouthtees.co.uk/insulin-infusion-course-c72.html

It tells what is involved but it also states that there is a cost of £225.00 for the 2 day course but my PCT nurse never mentioned anything about paying any money for the course.

Do you think this website is a private course and not ran by the NHS.

HAVE BEEN FUNDED FOR A PUMP!

ANYONE GOT ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS? WOULD APPRECIATE ANY ADVICE COMMENTS.

Many thanks

Shaun

jopar

Hi Shaun

I think you will find this is for the medical health care professionals, and not the patient...

The overview says that delegates will wear a pump for the 2 days, and gain the experiences from patient sessions...

Your training will be different to this, as there will be no lectures involved, it will be diabetic nurses, perhaps a dietitan to go through carb countings side of things, and a rep/training from the insulin pump manufacturer...

You might find that there are a couple of you all starting off together, but training will be volcused around you and your needs...

As you be able to view the different types of infusion sets, tubes length that are avaiable for your particular insulin pump and many other things as well...

good luck for your training, and once you get the pump, and get your head around the new way of delivering your insulin you won't look back... There are a very few people who say that pumping isn't for them and they prefer injecting...

djjenko

Hi,

Many thanks for your advice,

Just waiting for the course date.

I have chosen the Accu Chek Spirit also.

Once again

Many thanks

Shaun