Daft question from a newbie

Garybee_2602

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, I just got my type two diagnosis last week and have been put on metformin, my question is , would I benefit from using a blood testing thingy ?? If so can anyone recommend an easy to use one as I'm a bit of a technopillok !! Thanks , in advance, for any help or advice as both will be more than welcomed

flossymartin05

Yes definitely!!.Get a cheapest meter...code free .......can buy directly from home health uk...the cheapest way to go ..
5 packs of strips promo code discount 264086
10 packs code discount..975833
Test before meals and 2 hrs after to see how eating affects your sugars .
Soo much great advice and guidance on here and ideas to eat Low carb high fat which reduces your glucose.
A little bit over whelming at first but you'll soon get into it all Good luck!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
Link to Codefree
http://www.homehealth-uk.com/medical/blood_glucose_monitor_testing.htm

I found testing really helpful and enabled me to lower my blood sugars. I was given a meter by the nurse as my bloods were very high so haven't used the Codefree but as the expense is buying the strips the Codefree has the cheapest strips as used by a lot of people on here.

Reactions: 2 people

wookie101

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

I've been on here for under a year and basically as an IT Bod, if you don't measure how could you know if things are getting better or worse? And testing 2 hours after I ate and following the lower carbs guidelines, greatly helped me lose weight and bring down my blood sugar levels.

You've come to a great place :)

Neverik

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Gary and Welcome. I've only just joined here myself and have some great advice all ready:) I have just been diagnosed with Pre-diabetes and have just got the CodeFree meter. I would thoroughly recommend it. It's easy to use and very reasonably priced. I got the starter pack and 1000 strips for just under £60.00.:)

Puddleglum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, I just got my type two diagnosis last week and have been put on metformin, my question is , would I benefit from using a blood testing thingy ?? If so can anyone recommend an easy to use one as I'm a bit of a technopillok !! Thanks , in advance, for any help or advice as both will be more than welcomed
hi like you L have just been told I have type 2. and was thinking the same. there is a lot to learn and it gets very confusing. Am going to have a word with my doctor about getting a meter and the rest of the do-hickies needed

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
hi like you L have just been told I have type 2. and was thinking the same. there is a lot to learn and it gets very confusing. Am going to have a word with my doctor about getting a meter and the rest of the do-hickies needed
Hi, welcome. If you have questions, start a new thread for yourself so everyone can see you :)