hello there

loretta

hi thought i would come and say hello, my name is loretta i am a type 1 diabetic i have been a diabetic for 23 years i have a 15 year old daughter and a hubby.
i work as a ta in a local school and my instrests are my two dogs (rolo and moose) and my other job is a part time cake maker and decorator (which is good as the people buying the cakes know i wont be self tasting lol)
hope to speak to you soon
take care loretta x :D

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Hi Loretta, welcome to the forum. Sorry , you got missed. I hope we can be of help to you. Please ask us questions if you can't find the answers on the forum.

Bluenosesol

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dark mornings, intolerance any one with a superiority complex...
Hi Loretta,

I notice the forum moves in fits and starts, we have had some nice weather recently :roll: and weekdays seem quieter than weekends. (Though Sue and our other moderators are usually tuned in!!).
So - good to hear from you :D

Steve....

dragongirl

Hi Loretta, a part time cake sounds as if it could be quite useful to diabetics, especially if it went off duty as it passed through the blood stream... :lol:

Welcome anyway. I know loads of wonderful TAs - you deserve medals.
DG

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya and welcome to the forum, hope we can be of some help to you :D

salsasue

Hi and welcome, Loretta! :) Hope you will find advice and information plus friendly support here also! Lots of check around and read and love the names of your two dogs! :D

best wishes, SalsaSue

dmk12

Hi there it is nice to know another diabetic cake maker, I am a confectioner and make wedding and birthday cakes. My doctor thinks I spend all day eating cake! and thats why my sugar levels are so hard to control. Nobody could eat that much cake :D take care.
d