stillo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
not been able to walk
Hello

Can anyone please sugest a Meter that i may use with a Visual Impairment, i have a genetic condition which means i gradually lose sight and eventually will be legally blind, at the moment i have a contour Next USB and it has been great but unfortunately i am now unable to see the small screen.

I woulds like a meter that i can still get the test strips for on prescription and a to be able to conect to pc to download data

Regards
Stillo

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My DSN gave me the choice of the Contour Next Link and the One Touch Verio IQ. I found the Verio IQ to have a clearer, brighter screen.

I don't have a visual impairment but I think you might find the Verio IQ easier to read.

stillo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
not been able to walk
Good Evening Dancer

That Verio looks nice i hope my Nurse offers that one the Next is pretty much like the one i have now and i am struggling with it

Cheers
Stillo

iHs

The new One touch Select Plus has a large text screen and is on offer atm on the forum.
Also, there is a talking bg meter available called CleverChek

Reactions: 2 people

lambda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi
This is my first ever posting on this site. Did you know there is a talking meter.

The Solo V2 Talking Meter for more info BioSense contracted with Biotest Medical Corporation of Taichung, Taiwan, to manufacture the Solo V2, and the U.S. Food and Drug administration approved it in - See more at: http://www.healthcentral.com/diabetes/c/17/117520/talking-meter#sthash.SYHzjzB8.dpuf

Not sure if this will be any good for you.

Regards Peter

Sucre Bleu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am also visually impaired , but from Australia, and we all seem to have different names for the various meters available, so didn't think I would be much use posting in this thread. However in a general way, I found the talking meter really annoying, some are backlit which I found easier to see, and on many the result displayed is bigger. It is basically just aa matter of your personal choice, and degree and type of impairment

stillo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
not been able to walk
Good Morning all and Good Evening /Night to Sucre Bleu

All excellent suggestions but i need to make sure that my Nurse will supply me with the strips for whichever meter i get, i have been able to apply for the one touch plus on these forums and that one looks good, i called into my Gps and the receptionist said i need an appointment to get a meter with the Nurse so i have to see her on Tuesday Morning

Thanks for the assistnce

Cheers
Stillo

Reactions: 4 people