Southport GP
Reaction score

Profile Posts Latest activity Postings About

• May I ask you why you found my post on "after 9+yrs of Metformin no more meds" funny. I must say this has unsettled me somewhat
    Researching into reversing type2 diabetes. Why there is too much blood sugar, is it because cells not working &become insulin resistant.Too much fat on the cells making them blocked to insulin? Increased Niacin burns fat increasing cell efficiency. LCHF foods contain more vitamins and mineral able to digest fat and leave the cell open to insulin. B3 is reversing diabetes. Thoughts?
    Southport GP
    Southport GP
    See my new paper. I suspect fat in the liver and pancreas play an important part in insulin resistance
    Hi, as you seem to be an 'interested' GP, would you be prepared to offer my an 'opinion' - I am not asking for a diagnosis. I am currently having a really hard time with my GP (in france) who dismisses my situation. OGTT tests are fine, but carbs are not. So, if you are open to giving an opinion, let me know and I can send you all the info I have, if not, fine, not to worry.
    I just wanted to tell you that I am in Coventry and have recently been referred to a NHS Low Carb Diet Group run by Dietitian and DSNs. We meet 4 weekly when we are weighed, discuss issues and have time to talk to a DSN. The diet is 20-40g carb but we are not exactly counting carbs but have been given several pages of food types informing us which foods we can eat freely, those to limit and those not to touch!!
    I really look forward to reading your article in full. It seems very promising, and hopefully something I can show my GP. She's a great advocate of starches as staples of every meal, but I'm not convinced. I've felt much better since I switched to a vegetarian LCHF regime.
    Hi, would like an example of your low carb moderate fat diet. I have a friend doing the LCHF diet, I don't feel comfortable with this but it seems to be working for him but I'm not happy with the high fat bit. I do ,however, need to lose some weight and get my blood glucose down a bit.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…