Debandez
Reaction score

Profile Posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hba1c level down from 62 to 44 in less than 3 months
    Debandez
    Debandez
    I'm shocked at how type 2 is dealt with following diagnosis knowing what I know now. Apparently I'm the ONLY person who has come through the door armed with books, newspaper articles, recordings of my BG readings. My DN was my mum's DN for years and my mum passed away 11 years ago! I CAN'T believe I'm the ONLY one that has been proactive in trying to reverse diabetes. It made me sad
    I'm shocked at how initial diagnosis is dealt with by GP
    Debandez
    Debandez
    She wanted to put me straight on metformin but I've asked her to bear with me for 3 months whilst I change my diet and exercise. My morning bloods usually aroubd 4.4. If I stick to LC my bloods stay around 5.5 2 hours after my meal. And if I add a slice if wholemeal it goes up to about 7.6. I know I'm still diabetic but I'm working on it like there is no tomorrow
    Debandez
    Debandez
    I'm testing everything now to see exactly how my body deals with different foods and it's really helping my understand. Thank you to everyone on here for all your help and guidance.
    bassamaklan
    bassamaklan
    I am facing something I can't understand, which is my BG from 6AM to 12PM never spikes, even if my diet is messy, and becomes under 120mg/dl 2 hours after breakfast (My initial thought is because I am active in work during that period). But things start to get messy in the afternoon and my BG spikes easily.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…