1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Comments on Profile Post by LindsayJane

1. Starfish18
    Starfish18
    Hello, I've not felt like posting tbh as my levels are still quite high. I know being stressed with work isn't helping matters. I see you seem to be doing really well, well done, I appear to be going backwards
    Jul 4, 2019
  2. LindsayJane
    LindsayJane
    Don't be despondent - you can do it! Don't ever give up on your mission. You got your HbA1c down from 95 to 50 in three months - that's worth celebrating. Maybe you should think about going to the doctors to have a chat - but you've probably done this already and I'm just an interfering old lady who knwos nothing!
    Jul 4, 2019
  3. LindsayJane
    LindsayJane
    I had a wobbly patch a month or so back when my levels were raised but my blood test still came back good - apart from the cholesterol. My doctor said it was 'dangerously high' which is not what I wanted to hear! It's all do-able though - blood glucose and cholesterol can both be lowered. Just keep at it and never give up!
    Jul 4, 2019
  4. Starfish18
    Starfish18
    You're not interfering. I've not been to see a doc yet I am due to get my feet checked etc on Monday so I was going to mention it then but I don't think I'm going to get much support due to getting my hba1c down to 50 in 3 months. They don't seem at all interested in me having another hba1c done yet, last one was in april. I won't ever give up. Im still lchf I just don't fully understand the high levels
    Jul 4, 2019
  5. Starfish18
    Starfish18
    Theres something going on, I just don't know what!
    Good luck with your cholesterol. There's always something for us to worry about, isn't there?!
    Jul 4, 2019
  6. LindsayJane
    LindsayJane
    Indeed there is. My last test was in arch and they said the next will be January - yours might be due in February. It's worth asking.
    Jul 4, 2019
    Starfish18 likes this.
  7. LindsayJane
    LindsayJane
    That should read 'March' not arch!
    Jul 4, 2019
    Starfish18 likes this.
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook