1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Comments on Profile Post by Abbey97

1. SMS1
    SMS1
    U alright?
    Oct 7, 2020
  2. DCUKMod
    DCUKMod
    Abbey, I'm not an insulin user, so wouldn't like to try to guide you. I'll try tagging @Antje77 , @Rokaab and @ert if they're around.

If you are in doubt, please seek medical help. Better safe than sorry.
    Oct 7, 2020
  3. Antje77
    Antje77
    Hi @Abbey97 , and welcome to the forum!
    How are you now, did you manage to keep your blood glucose within reasonable numbers?

With a double dose of Tresiba you may find you'll tend to keep going lower than usual for a couple more days. Do hypo's usually wake you up?

Let us know how you are and keep monitoring closely!
    Oct 7, 2020
    ert likes this.
  4. Antje77
    Antje77
    I'd like to add that you'll get more responses if you start a new thread on the forum next time you have a question.
    Posting a question on someone's profile is likely to be overlooked ;)
    Oct 7, 2020
  5. ert
    ert
    Tresiba appears to last for 3 to 4 days. So I agree with @Antje77 that you will have to follow your numbers more closely than usual (more finger pricks). You may find that you have to use less fast-acting (if you do) for your meals, snack in between meals, and eat more carbohydrates in general, be mindful of exercise, and set an alarm overnight, to stop your numbers from dropping.
    Oct 7, 2020
    Antje77 likes this.
  6. ert
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook