S
Reaction score

Profile Posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi I have recently been told that I am type 1 and taken insulin. I had pancreatic cancer three years ago been feeling really rubbish,not been well since xmas ,at the moment have taken bg after food now before food what does feeling normal feel like.
    Hi I recently been told my kidneys are leaking can this be reversed or made any better im a type 2 diabetic and insulin dependent x
    Hi I'm mum to a 10 year old who's just been diagnosed type 1. We are obviously very new to all this so any help and advice would be greatly appreciated x
    Hi my name is Ellie and I am new on here. Type 1 for 6 yrs. I am looking for some low carb recipes. So if anybody has some then plz could you share? Many thanks. Ellie
    Reactions: 3 people
    abirdy8
    abirdy8
    Elaipi1 ...I'm looking for low carb or no carb recipes. .I brought a few books on low carb but most of them are egg ...I eat fish but not meat...if I find any good ones I will send them your way...a lot of them are low carb high fat... goodluck with your hunt x
    hi
    I have type 2 for over 25 years, my meds are many, my readings are not bad but over the years I have got very painful feet.
    my nurse has put me on pregabalin, have you heard of this and is there any side effects please help rosa72
    Hi I've had type 2 for a year and half. I don't take any meds, and have readings of 7.5 and below b4 breakfast and 6.1 and below 2 hours after dinner. Any help on controlling sugar levels would be helpfully.
    E
    elaipri1
    Looks like you already have good control and with no meds then you are doing really well
    hi just been told I have Debates 2 would be good to chat
    Rog
    Rog
    Hi their , I have more or less been told too , I had sugar in my urine in a swab test , I get my blood tomorrow , I assume it's an open and shut case I've got type 2 , I suppose it's a lifestyle change.
    Hi Sue, i'm working at a production company and we are looking for people to participate in a video for a supermarket, promoting healthy eating to help improve diabetes. The video will be of someone with type 2 diabetes cooking a delicious healthy meal with our presenter (who has a background in nutrition) chatting whilst cooking in a home environment. You can contact me at [email protected] or on 02070332812
    D
    dbhaskaran
    I am happy to take part. I am type 2 for the last 13 years and managing well.you can contact me on 07846312831
    i was diagnosed 5yrs ago wen i developed leg pains and was imediately placed on glucovance which i started using, did medicals at office amd my sugar level was 306mg i was told its too high, since then i have been obedient in using my drugs but my sugar level is terrifying me sometimes it is 165mg sometimes as high as 368mg, wat can i do. i love bread tea coffee plaintan should i drop all this.
    had diabetes for 15 years injected 50 in morning 50 evening no problem recent hb1 up to 11.7 doctor says i must measure my sugar levels before every neal and two hours after and i must carb count am totally lost confused depressed do have to measure even time i eat snack carry pen and meter round all day
    E
    elaipri1
    Same here. I count every carb that passes my lips and inject accordingly. Finger pricks before and after too.
    Hi

I am on no meds and to be honest I think once you reach a certain age your doctor

cannt be bothered with you. I have been feeling no quite right lately. I have been told not to test my sugar levels but I went ahead

and got myself a meter. reading of 8.9 this morning before breakfast and recently I have had readings of 12.5 2-3 hours after dinner.

What is the way forward for me - any suggestions?
    Vivienne_2
    Vivienne_2
    Hi

Just read you comment and I feel like you once you get to a certain age the doctors can't be bothered with you. I have had leg and ankle pain and swelling as well for the last year

At the time my diabetes was under control when this started, but now I am not sure I have been testing my self for the three months, over the 90 days the average was about 7.3 so not sure if that is good or bad, ..
    R
    RetroHelen
    Sign up for the low carb diet on here and see how you go. Have a look on Internet at Dr Brian Mowll's Youtube site. I have had readings like that, but after a low carb diet and blood sugar testing 2 hours after every meal, after 6 months I saw an improvement. I lost 2.5 stone and am stable - not losing any more and the diabetic clinic say my tests results are fantastic now
    I wonder is anybody here have retinopathy?
    S
    SallyCotter
    Hi Evi I have just received a letter saying I have backgroud retinopathy. My latest blood sugar was 12.10 and to be honest I felt sick as well. I went to see my diabetic nurse this morning to be told they wouldnt see me until my birthday month in March. How are things going for you???
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…