IanD
Reaction score

Profile Posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hello IanD i very interesting with your profile, are you still doing LHCF now? how about your liver it is great? i count you doing LHCF more than 10 year, that is great achievement. do you just LHCF and exercise? thanks for your time :D
    Diagnosed T2 in 2000, complications developed on DUK/NHS diet. No complications after 9 years low carb/high fat.
    Hi Ian,i have recently been diagnosed with type 2 diabetis,my HbAIc is 49,i am currently on no medication could this reading be reduced by diet and exercise,thankyou.
    HI Ian
    I filled in the online request to post details about my PhD research and invite forum members to take part. I've not heard anything back and wondered if you could point me in the right direction about who to contact to make sure they have all the information they need (& to make sure I used the system :) ). Many thanks, Karen
    My husband has type 2 diabetes an takes farxiga for the last 3 months does that affect me when we have sex
    IanD
    IanD
    Don't know ask your Dr or post on the open forum
    Hi IanD - I have just registered with the diabetes forum and would like to know what members do when, after a period of tingling and severe 'burning', their feet go quite numb and new veins appear and the skin goes orange and blue. Can medics help or am I ultimately destined for amputation?
    IanD
    IanD
    That is a serious sign that you need to get better control of your diabetes. I was diagnosed with numbness in my thigh - 15 years ago. With good control achieved by medication (3x500 metformin daily) & a low carb diet I am in good health, without symptoms. I suggest you ask on the open forum & follow the advice consensus.
    hi ian i hope you can help i havent took enough of my insuman combo 25 i should of took 22 units and only took 18 should i take the other 4 units
    Hi Ian

My 7 year old daughter who is worryingly showing signs of type 1. I tested her blood this morning on my own blood glucose monitoring machine and it gave a reading of 12.1, she had nothing to eat during the night. Is it time to get her up to the hospital or should I test her blood again in a few hours just to be sure.

Many thanks for your help

Robert
    IanD
    IanD
    Yes - report to your Dr as soon as possible
    Hi Ian,

Was wondering if it is ok for me to post a link to a petition in support of Prof.Tim Noakes on the Low Carb Forum.

Thks
    I am trying to get information on reversed glucose level readings and whether or not it is a sign of diabetes. My fasting glucose levels are around 140 to 160. After I eat my glucose levels drop to 90 to 110. I would appreciate any type of input on this possible. Thank you
    IanD
    IanD
    Overnight fasting glucose levels may be high (as you are finding) due to the "dawn phenomenon" whereby the body releases glucose to energise you for the day ahead. Readings of 140-160 are higher than non-diabetic.
    IanD
    IanD
    What are you eating, & how long after eating are you getting the reduced reading? A high carb b'fast - such as cereal is llkely to give a low reading after about 2 hours, but a high reading, above 200, in one hour.
    I qualified for a free Verio meter on 12th February 2015 but have not received it. Who do I ask about this query.
    Hello Ian I am trying to download the factsheet and video but in the email sent to me I have only received link to my account details. where can i go to download the factsheet.
    IanD
    IanD
    Which fact sheet & video?
    Can we have a forum for partners of diabetics or are there not many of us on here?
    Reactions: 1 person
    IanD
    IanD
    I suggest you post your questions on the forum. No need specifically for partners. All with an interest in diabetes are welcome.
    V
    vintagehifinut
    My partner is newly diagnosed - I'm browsing under his membership which I have just helped him set up - he knows, and doesn't mind, and some of the info here is helpful. However, I strongly agree with Dusty13 that a forum for partners would be good - I think there is a need. Julia
    Hi, I don't know if my msg when on the forum today because no one has replied. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with diabetes maculopathy & laser treatment on the eyes?
    Hi Ian. I signed up for the course on Hypo awareness; completed the 1st module, but was unable to continue as nothing happened when I clicked on the next icon. I was after getting a wristband (Insulin dependant diabetic), but again I could only get so far with the application.
    Giverny
    Giverny
    If you go back to the last chapter in module one, scroll to the bottom and click the button to progress that way and you should be able to continue and complete the program.
    Hi Ian,

Just wondered if you had had a chance to look over the survey and whether it meets your approval for posting

Sean
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…