1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Comments on Profile Post by andcol

1. FranOnTheEdge
    FranOnTheEdge
    I'm not fond of bacon or sausage so I just have scrambled egg, sometimes with mushrooms, sometimes I have Smegg, (scrambled egg with mushrooms cooked in it, rather than next to it), my favourite is Tegg; scrambled egg with tomatoes cooked in it...mmmmm! I don't think I'd ever have any kind of yoghurt with fruit in it that early in the morning, the very thought makes me want to hurl I'm afraid.
    Mar 20, 2016
  2. FranOnTheEdge
    FranOnTheEdge
    That Burgen bread seems to be higher than the LivLife or the HiLow breads, which I've now managed to stock up on - I've got 2 LivLife loaves and 3 HiLow loaves stashed in the freezer... of course this means the freezer is now packed to the gunwales. Ian will have a fit if I can't repack it to look less full...But at least I've got the loaves safe.
    Mar 20, 2016
  3. FranOnTheEdge
    FranOnTheEdge
    I like those two loaves I mentioned because they have sunflower and pumpkin seeds - two of my favourites! Which I thought I couldn't have anymore, so I'm glad I can. It seems that anything I eat raises my levels, just some less than others.
    Mar 20, 2016
  4. andcol
    andcol
    I am afraid that is the case. Even sweetners can raise levels - quite substantially for a few. That is why we have to eat and test until we find out what we can and cant.

Hope you are beginning to settle into this more now
    Mar 20, 2016
  5. FranOnTheEdge
    FranOnTheEdge
    I think I am settling more, just knowing what I can eat & what raises my BG is helping me a lot. I got a cable for my BG meter & it shows things in a graph form on my PC (with the software), which is very helpful.
    Mar 21, 2016
  6. FranOnTheEdge
    FranOnTheEdge
    The recipe I made with just veg & cheese, no potatoes or other high carb things. I also used Truvia (made from Stevia) for the first time (to balance the sharpness of the cartons of tomatoes) previously I'd used the Sainsbury's sweetener, which is Sucralose based.
    Mar 21, 2016
  7. FranOnTheEdge
    FranOnTheEdge
    I don't know if that made a difference to my BG level, (I'd have to make another batch exactly the same but with the Sucralose one) but after that meal - even when going back for a 2nd helping - my BG levels were the lowest post meal readings I've had so far. I want another recipe like that.
    Mar 21, 2016
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook