1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Comments on Profile Post by Kevin_squires_

1. Juicyj
    Juicyj
    Hi Kevin, as a type 1 the best way to manage your energy levels is to try and maintain good BG control, if your insulin is working efficiently and your not running high then this helps you to not feel lethargic, so eating a good well balanced meal and taking right insulin doses will help.
    Mar 21, 2016
  2. Kevin_squires_
    Kevin_squires_
    hi i am new to this i take 18 units of apidra three times a day and 18 units at night of lantus do you know how much insulin to take per 1000 calories , My averages are around 8 mmoi over 90 days
    Mar 21, 2016
  3. Juicyj
    Juicyj
    Sorry Kevin I cannot advise you on this, your nurse/consultant should be working with you to ensure your insulin doses are matching your requirements, are you in regular contact ? and are you recording your results, your averages sound good to me ;)
    Mar 21, 2016
  4. himtoo
    himtoo
    hi kevin juicyj is right , we cannot hand out direct advice for specific dosing requirements-- check with your DSN
    Mar 21, 2016
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook