ronialive
Reaction score

Profile Posts Latest activity Postings About

• hi there! i'd really like to learn about your insulin pump malfunction caused from getting close to an MRI. I went through an airport ct-scan and a very similar experience happened to me and i learned that MRI is now being used in airports to scan liquid so i'm wondering if that's what caused my issue
    ronialive
    ronialive
    hi - sorry for the delay in responding. I put my pump in the cupboard at the hospital when I went in for my mri. They said it would not be affected. However over the next few days it kept alarming - funny things kept happening like it would go to give a bolus and randomly stop.
    ronialive
    ronialive
    Or would start bleeping. I called animas and they asked for the alarm codes- some of them they didn't recognise - they told me to take it off immediately and sent a replacement. I told them about the MRI and to start with they said they would not cover it. I pushed and insisted it had been in the cupboard where it was supposed to go that would not be affected but they said they thought it had.
    Pumping Hypurin Porcine and refuse to change. I like hypo signs and symptoms that I recognise.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…