£2 lottery ticket

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This new TV lotto ad feeds us a lot of waffle, yet does not say the price for a ticket has doubled from £1 to £2 and the odds of winning have not changed.

Is this my Scottish mean streak coming out.
Should I change over to the NHS lottery Ticket or go for the Euro game.

Reactions: 2 people

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
It's a bit of a con now I think. Annoying this is I've had my same numbers since the start. I'm worried if I stop doing it my numbers will come up lol !

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
I'm thousands of pound up on the lottery - I've never bought a ticket. :D

But I have benefitted - my tennis club got a lottery grant to refurbish our courts with astroturf, & put in flood lights. Now I can play tennis all the year round - & the courts are playable within an hour of heavy rain.

Only a snow layer stops us - we can't see the lines. :(

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
The £1 increase was the straw that broke the camel's back and I've stopped playing, had it been an increase of 25p or even 50p then it might have been acceptable, shame as I've played from the start :(

K

Kat100

The lotto price increase is a lot for so many people and I believe just greed.....it was nice to have a lottery go twice a week with the same numbers, but now I have not decided where to invest my money other than the lottery...so many people just can't afford the price increase....

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
404 said:
To be fair it has not increased in almost 20 years. According to this website http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bill ... -1900.html. the 1 pound ticket would now cost £1.69 so really the ticket price is only 15% more.

It's a good point just the £1 increase is fat too much in one go, better they had increased it gradually over the years rather than doing it this way.

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
At 2 quid a go then you might as well go for the big wonga and do Euromillions for the same price.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Think the last time I bought a lotto ticket was 2008. I'm not a gambler really and wouldn't keep most of the winnings anyway. I no longer buy a ticket as it's just greed and I don't need it, I'm comfortable and that's what keeps me happy.