10-12 Hour coach trip/5 days in Paris - Pack up?

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
I am very soon going on a 10-12 hour coach journey!!!! I would like to attempt to stay low carb and am now thinking about things I can Bake now and freeze to take with me. The only thing is that I know alot of low carb cakes need to be kept cool to keep. With that in mind I was hoping for some ideas.

I'm planning on taking cheese strings and maybe some peanut butter brownies along with water etc for the journey in a cool bag. Wondered what snacks people would recommend that I can keep in the hotel room for the few days we are there. Also on the way back I can use my cool bag but doubt I will have access to a freezer for the cool pack.

Reactions: 2 people

shedges

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Pork scratchings, nuts, peperami, biltong ... are some of my favourites. Hard boiled eggs, if you want to annoy your fellow passengers ;)

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Cheese,tomatoes cucumber spring onions ,corned beef wrapped in foil.

K

Kat100

I am very soon going on a 10-12 hour coach journey!!!! I would like to attempt to stay low carb and am now thinking about things I can Bake now and freeze to take with me. The only thing is that I know alot of low carb cakes need to be kept cool to keep. With that in mind I was hoping for some ideas.

I'm planning on taking cheese strings and maybe some peanut butter brownies along with water etc for the journey in a cool bag. Wondered what snacks people would recommend that I can keep in the hotel room for the few days we are there. Also on the way back I can use my cool bag but doubt I will have access to a freezer for the cool pack.
Hi Lenny just wanted to say have a great and wonderful time ..kat

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tinned fish - tuna, sardines, mackerel, advacado, tubs of berries, Hartley jelly pots are ambient and no carbs, tinned artichoke hearts, make sure tins are ring pull or take a can opener, decant pickled onions and gherkins into smaller jars or tubs. Homemade veggie crisps. Homemade cheese crisps - put little piles of any hard cheese onto grease proof paper and melt in the oven until bubbling let them cool then peel them off - they are very Addictive

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Have a lovely time on your coach trip.

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
@lovinglife the cheese crisps sound great, will try them. I have tried veg crisps once but didn't work. How do you cook yours? Do you seperate the slices on a baking sheet?

@Kat100 & @Patricia21 Thanks, I 'm really looking forward to it. Apart from the long coach trip. I'll try and sleep some of it.

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What about baking some low carb muffins or taking with you some home made crustless quiche......

K

Kat100

@lovinglife the cheese crisps sound great, will try them. I have tried veg crisps once but didn't work. How do you cook yours? Do you seperate the slices on a baking sheet?

@Kat100 & @Patricia21 Thanks, I 'm really looking forward to it. Apart from the long coach trip. I'll try and sleep some of it.
Tell us all about it when you return , have a fab time x

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Try this kale recipe real easy

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/baked-kale-chips/

I also roast tiny florets of broccoli and cauliflower like this they don't go totally crispy the flowery bit goes nice and crispy then the stalk bit stays juicy, you have to get them charred but not burnt, they keep for a couple of days

All three are nice with plenty of salt and sometimes I crush up some salted peanuts until quite fine but before the oil starts to leach out and sprinkle on whilst cooking.