100% Total insulin antibodies?????

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Okay, so I was told by my doctor about 2 weeks ago that I have 100% total insulin antibodies. What does this mean? Would this explain why my insulin sensitivity factor (I.S.F) is 1 unit of Insulin to 0.8 mmol's? Any help on this matter is appreciated greatly

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I've not heard of a doctor putting antibodies that way before and I don't know what it really means. We all have different remaining natural insulin which is what matters. Everyone's Basal units and Bolus ratio needs to be varied to match the decline in the islet cells and the only real way to find out is trial and error and experience

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Professor Andrew Hattersley of The Peninsula School of Medicine and Dentistry in Exeter, developed a home urine test for C-peptide around 2011 (C-peptide results and insulin results will be the same). Dr Rachel Besser used it on 300 people in a Diabetes UK funded study more recently.

Not only does it show the difference between endogenous and exogenous insulin, it can differentiate between Type 1 and 2 and has been used to get misdiagnosed patients with MODY off insulin altogether. BUT not only can I not find it for sale, many people seem not to have heard of it.

Potentially it could be showing Type 1s how much insulin they make, if any, so it can be allowed for. It should be available by now so that no-one is wondering am I 1, 1.5, 2 or MODY ? One MODY patient who had been misdiagnosed was on insulin for 11 years when she didn't need it.

I think the NHS needs to use tests to show which type patients have and how much insulin they produce, as a starting point.