1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

16, Meet New People? :)

Discussion in 'Children & Teens' started by INeedSugarNow!, Jan 17, 2016.

1. INeedSugarNow!

INeedSugarNow! Type 1 · Member

Hi, thanks for stopping by :)

I'm 16 year old Rachael from Manchester. I've had type one diabetes for ten years now but I've never really met anyone my age with it. I mean, my Uncle is diabetic as is my cousin, but they're like forty odd and eleven, so it's a little hard to talk to them.

So basically, I'm looking for anyone who's up for a good chat :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. MasterDoctor

MasterDoctor Type 1 · Member

Im 14, I was diagnosed with Type 1 about a month ago. My uncle is alsk diabetic but as with your case its a bit hard to talk to him.
    Anyways, I'm here if you want a chat

3. bumblebee95

bumblebee95 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi! I'm Aaishah, 21, also from Manchester :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Prem51

Prem51 Type 2 · Expert

Hi @INeedSugarNow! and welcome to the forum! I'm afraid I'm geriatric, but there are a number of young people on the forum. You should check out @Dana_Heath's threads and blog, she is 16 too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. derryr05

derryr05 Type 1 · Newbie

Hey, I'm Derry from London, 19 years old and have been diagnosed with Type 1 for a little over a month now! Feel free to chat anytime :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Hannah3003

Hannah3003 Type 1 · Member

Im Hannah, 22 from Lancashire wanting to chat to others with diabetes as I don't know any type 1s around my age (lol sounds like a dating profile!)

• Like Like x 2
  7. mattmo86

mattmo86 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm Matt, 29 from Surrey, had diabetes since I was 11. I'm pretty bad with it tbh! Never really talk to anyone with it, feel free to message and chat.

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook