17.4 at 2pm

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Had a very unusual hi for no reason this afternoon back to 5.8 now but the pain and tenderness in the lower back and sides just wanted some advice as to possible reasons I did think possible kidneys as I've had trouble in past but nothing like this before it's still a bit tender know :-(

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
As boring as it may sound, but the only advice I would give is to see your Dr and get the cause of your tenderness investigated, especially so if it's been present for some time.

badbrogs21

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
They do say if it's been controlled really well then you lose the ability of wareness you could try running it a bit high for a week or too to get some awareness back ?? Have you tried this ???

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
As boring as it may sound, but the only advice I would give is to see your Dr and get the cause of your tenderness investigated, especially so if it's been present for some time.
Sorry might have confused people it's not happened for some time I was born with kidney problems 1963 and was on a high dose of steroids till '75 come off them and developed type 1 I take lots of other meds but nothing directly associated with the kidneys as such. I never get that high readings since being on a pump 1999, I just thought the intensity of pain and soreness of area must be related to the reading and its around the kidney area ? Also seeing my main GP on 11th

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
They do say if it's been controlled really well then you lose the ability of wareness you could try running it a bit high for a week or too to get some awareness back ?? Have you tried this ???
I could try this I'll bare that in mind

badbrogs21

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sometimes it's because your body's so used to keeping low your body don't realise but when you run your bloods high then you drop back to normal your body pattern chances which will bring some sensation back into the body try it I'm sure it will work

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Sorry might have confused people it's not happened for some time I was born with kidney problems 1963 and was on a high dose of steroids till '75 come off them and developed type 1 I take lots of other meds but nothing directly associated with the kidneys as such. I never get that high readings since being on a pump 1999, I just thought the intensity of pain and soreness of area must be related to the reading and its around the kidney area ? Also seeing my main GP on 11th

Thanks for the reply, as you know any pain or stress can cause bg levels to rise so this would explain your unusual high bg reading, hope you get some answers on the 11th.

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thanks, got up this morning with a nice and healthy 5.6 reading and pains gone I will mention it to the doctor but I'm going to ring diabetic clinic today just for advice, but I feel much better today :)