19 and looking for a diabetic friend!!

Mux

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, I'm 19 and looking for a friend who has type 1 diabetes the same as me :)

Reactions: 8 people

jakejayeden

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A lot of 18's on the nose and over, use this side of the forumz. It's a guideline not really enforced.
I think however it would be agreeable if there were an area for those 18 - 25, not quite teenager, not quite adult. Then this place could remain naive and carefree.

Reactions: 7 people

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A lot of 18's on the nose and over, use this side of the forumz. It's a guideline not really enforced.
I think however it would be agreeable if there were an area for those 18 - 25, not quite teenager, not quite adult. Then this place could remain naive and carefree.

This is a good point actually and agree with this , I'm 23 so fall in that 'category' , As see quiet a few people looking to talk and make friends ect but feel I'm just outside that teenager side and never know whether to reply or not lol .

:)

Reactions: 2 people

jakejayeden

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is a good point actually and agree with this , I'm 23 so fall in that 'category' , As see quiet a few people looking to talk and make friends ect but feel I'm just outside that teenager side and never know whether to reply or not lol .

:)

Just not sure where or to whom one would petition such a thing. It wouldn't take much to implement an additional sub-forum. I'll look into to it.

o.moore11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pizza and indian food
'Teens' - the years of a person's age from 13 to 19 - in theory, but does not always fit...
You're not really in the middle of your childhood anymore…

The forum does say:
Hey, I need a diabetic friend too I dont know anybody who has it

danni2001

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I'm 14 and I've had it for 11 years and it's tough but I'm getting batter at checking my blood and doing insulin

LaurenMoffitt

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes

22 and have to agree. Just diagnosed with insulin resistance.

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
22 and have to agree. Just diagnosed with insulin resistance.
This subsection was recently divided. When this thread was first posted, we only had a subsection for teenagers. Now, the young adult section is for 18 all the way up to the 80 year olds who still act like young adults.