1st hba1c result since diagnosis

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just got my first result since being diagnosed- 6.8 :D

I am really pleased with this result. I was 9.5 in September when diagnosed.

Have an appointment with doctor tomorrow to discuss result. I hope he changes his mind about increasing metformin.

Couldn't have done it without all the help, support and advice from everyone on the forum.

Thank you all so much.

Marina
:D :D

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Well done Martina! :thumbup:

Ann19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done :clap: :clap:

I think that yo have a valid argument to put off increasing medication as long as there isn't any other reason for it!

Ann

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Well done, Marina. You've certainly worked hard enough for it :clap: :D

Viv 8)

alliebee

Gosh, well done you xxxx :clap: :clap: :clap:

In such a short time as well, and a lot of self denial, and discipline and a lot of hard work too

So very pleased for you
Alisonxxx :D :D :D

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Well done Marina, good work :thumbup:

Well done - that's a lot of progress!! :thumbup:

Got my first result this week since being diagnosed in June.

HBA1C down to 6.8 from 7.5 with the help of 2 slow release x metformin every night.

CHolesterol down to 4 from 7 with help of Lipitor!

V pleased!! :) :D

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you all for your comments.

I have been to doctor today to discuss the results and just have to share with people who understand and realise why I am so happy. (other people don't seem to realise the relevance of my results)

The doctor was over the moon and totally surprised. My cholesterol has also reduced from 6.2 to 3.5 and I have lost 8kg since September. He told me that I am now at non diabetic levels :D He said that I am not cured but "very well controlled" :clap:

He said I don't need to increase metformin but still take 2 X 500g which I am currently taking. He said he is no longer concerned about me and the risk of complications.

When I said to him "you told me to aim for hba1c of 7" he replied " I was pushing my luck and didn't for a minute expect it!" He made me so happy.

It's my Christmas night out tonight and I intend to fully enjoy it and forget about diabetes for one night.

I am so happy and wish to thank every single one of you for all your help and support.

Marina
:D :D :D

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Enjoy the night out Marina! :D

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.
Well done Marina! That's fantastic news. We shall have to celebrate after Christmas :)