2.00am hypo

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Re: 2.00am hypo

I don't, but I'm bumping your post so someone else can see it :)

I hope you're feeling better now!

Pepsi Max

Yes I sometimes do! With some hypos in the middle of the night I wake with a fierce hunger pang! I drink the carton of juice I have by my bed but then stumble down stairs & have cereal, toast any chocolate that's open! I go nuts! And then I'm sky high, but it doesn't always happens & sometimes I have to stop myself from leaving the bed...

Diabetic warrior since 2005!

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I've given into it a few times. Nothing seems like enough and if it's not nailed down it's eaten! Then all of a sudden you realise how overfull you are and how high you are. A nasty and unpleasant feeling. Fight the urge :grin:

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Cupcaake32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dubstep made in chelsea

I have eaten 10 jam doughnuts and two crunchies and a bottle of coke once it was a bad hypo

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

Claire2332 said:
Well just had a hypo and man could I eat the house does anyone else experience this

I did when I was on animal and human insulin's, not noticed it as much on Analogue insulin but I do get that hungry feeling as one of the first signs of a hypo.

Hope the 2.00am hypo is a one-off :)

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Yep, first sign of hypo for me is hunger. Feel peckish at 5 ish, very hungry by 4 ish, absolutely starving 2~3.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app

onthegow

The most times I get hypo is 2am. And even more so in the hot weather. The urge is strong to eat everything in the house. And these are not bad hypos just mild one. So hope I have enough food for a severe one there is always the neighbours food I guess if it gets that bad. Lol. 2 am is not a time of day I enjoy at the best if times.

char87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I keep having Night time hypos at the moment- I think my levemir is too high as my level drops by about 8 during the night so unless I go to bed high I wake up low in the night. The hospital advised me to cut down on my short acting insulin for tea as they think it is due to me injecting too much after gym sessions but last night I only injected 2 units and had over 20gs of carbs , went to bed 7.9 and woke up 2.1 at 4am! I can manage day time hypos but in the night I wake up and est so much and then wake up high! Can't seem to control the urge to eat everything or think rationally with night time hypos!

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Claire2332 said:
brett said:
Yep, first sign of hypo for me is hunger. Feel peckish at 5 ish, very hungry by 4 ish, absolutely starving 2~3.

I am the same then I get the shakes jelly legs and death sweats haha

A very good definition of a hypo lol