2014/15 Football Season

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
During the World Cup we had a thread going that was really good fun, some of the regular posters on that thread discussed a football thread for this upcoming season. I've been threatening to start this thread for a while now nearer the start of the season, and well, the season starts on Friday, there's a full football league on Saturday and the Community Shield is on Sunday.
I appreciate there are people who don't like football (weirdo's), and this thread isn't for them, but I checked with site admin a while back and they're happy with this thread.
The football teams that are supported by forum members, that I know about, are -
Me, @sanguine and @IncyWincy - the Mighty West Ham
@nosher8355 - Tranmere Rovers
@zand - Arsenal, Leeds, Forest Green Rovers
@Anie and @Aguila - Hull City
@Pipp - Everton
@Johnroy - Spurs
@Andy12345 - Chelsea
@Scandichic - Middlesborough
If I've missed any, my sincere apologies, if you want a shout out for your team let me know (or just post a comment!)

Banter is not only expected but positively encouraged, but, let's keep it in the spirit of the forum and make sure that it is not personal, nasty or downright rude.

Let's start by going with your predictions for the upcoming season.....

Reactions: 2 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I have no idea. Really. Does this mean I have to find out how they're doing and track their progress? I suppose I ought to find out who's in the team and which league! :rolleyes:
I can explain the offside rule though! :) Does that get me xtra points?!:confused:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
The real footie starts this weekend and the Superwhites are playing one of the big clubs in league two!!!!!!! Hoping, praying, that we can at last have a go!

Man City to win premiership!

The hammers to be relegated!

Can't help myself! Had to do it Semiphonic cos of BFS!

Reactions: 4 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
I forecast another nailbiting stressy season for the Hammers, flirting with relegation. Hopefully the board will act sooner rather than later to keep them above the line. Will Andy Carroll recover to reach some of his potential before getting injured again? West Ham do seem to have had bad luck with injured strikers for many years.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Really looking forward to see how Louis van Gaal transforms Man United, so far it's looking good after winning their pre-season friendly's:)

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people
During the World Cup we had a thread going that was really good fun, some of the regular posters on that thread discussed a football thread for this upcoming season. I've been threatening to start this thread for a while now nearer the start of the season, and well, the season starts on Friday, there's a full football league on Saturday and the Community Shield is on Sunday.
I appreciate there are people who don't like football (weirdo's), and this thread isn't for them, but I checked with site admin a while back and they're happy with this thread.
The football teams that are supported by forum members, that I know about, are -
Me, @sanguine and @IncyWincy - the Mighty West Ham
@nosher8355 - Tranmere Rovers
@zand - Arsenal, Leeds, Forest Green Rovers
@Anie and @Aguila - Hull City
@Pipp - Everton
@Johnroy - Spurs
@Andy12345 - Chelsea
@Scandichic - Middlesborough
If I've missed any, my sincere apologies, if you want a shout out for your team let me know (or just post a comment!)

Banter is not only expected but positively encouraged, but, let's keep it in the spirit of the forum and make sure that it is not personal, nasty or downright rude.

Let's start by going with your predictions for the upcoming season.....

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people
I'm a Stoke City Season Ticket Holder and really dont mind getting wound up lol! Too early for predictions though :)

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
OK I am different. Life long supporter of Blackpool FC and no other team (except England)

Our expectations are somewhat lower than low this season due to internal problems between the owner and the rest. Did I say players? Until a few days ago we only had 7 contracted players and no goal keeper. Had to cancel the 2 week training session in Spain and several pre-season friendlies due to lack of players. Good eh? LOL.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
after finally getting over the world cup i feel able to talk about football again,

after careful consideration i have decided chelsea won't lose a single game this year, this will make the league boring as we will be mathematically impossible to catch by november, sorry guys

Reactions: 6 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
2 matches - one on 9th against Birmingham and one on 12th against Oldham!

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
@Scandichic Just a quick off subject, son in law (Crystal Palace fan) says can he keep his, I know I'm going to regret this, b----s in your bra, no that boots.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
T
OK I am different. Life long supporter of Blackpool FC and no other team (except England)

Our expectations are somewhat lower than low this season due to internal problems between the owner and the rest. Did I say players? Until a few days ago we only had 7 contracted players and no goal keeper. Had to cancel the 2 week training session in Spain and several pre-season friendlies due to lack of players. Good eh? LOL.
There was a rumour that our keeper was destined for your bright lights!
Welsh bench warmer and cheap! Have you signed a keeper yet?
Every balls a white ball. C'mon Superwhites.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Really looking forward to see how Louis van Gaal transforms Man United, so far it's looking good after winning their pre-season friendly's:)
Think you finish third. You are getting better but other teams have better players and more settled. Utd will lose a couple that they wouldn't have a few seasons ago. Also the prem is more competitive again this season. Not as open when you last won it.
Who will go down with Hammers (sorry) will be a tougher call.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I'm a Stoke City Season Ticket Holder and really dont mind getting wound up lol! Too early for predictions though :)
There had to be one! How Sparky doing ? Are you strong enough to stay up? Walters grew up and played around by where I live!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
T

There was a rumour that our keeper was destined for your bright lights!
Welsh bench warmer and cheap! Have you signed a keeper yet?
Every balls a white ball. C'mon Superwhites.

Joe Lewis on loan from Cardiff apparently.

myrio

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
VEGETABLES
Villa champions Man utd relegated well i am allowd to dream

Reactions: 6 people