2hr Question

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
If l am 6 or 6.2 at 2hrs post meal and l think mmm l will have some.... (whatever) and it pushes me up into higher say 6.3/6.5 after the 2hr range l am probably answering my own question but l assume it isnt good? Is a question l have often wondered about.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well it's not that bad really. All readings are within specification. I am not sure if you are saying that you are 6.3/6.5 after a further two hours after "whatever" but if you are then I can't see a problem unless I have missed something.

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
No was a general question if someone had their meal and at 2hrs went down to 6.0 or 6.2 then decided to have anything as a snack even some nuts or piece chocolate etc it would put up the bloods by even a point or so (not talking mega meal)
l aim to be well under the 6.2 mark but sometimes am not l wondered how good/bad/didnt really matter if you had a snack at that point it would take you over that. For a one off that would be fine but on a fairly regular basis l guess bad.

Just getting my head around times/numbers/possabilites :)

Should say l very rarely snack my main meals fill me up but the other day l craved some popcorn that barely took me to 5.8 to be precise so l wasn't worried but l finally decided to ask my question

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Enjoy your popcorn. My DN says that little and often is good since big gaps bring on the liver dump. Actually she did say little and often but don't go more than 5 or six hours at most.

My personal view is that 2 hours after lunch my blood sugar reading is on a descending curve. Snacking might produce an ascending curve but the two added together are not likely to result in a big spike unless the snack was really naughty.

Reactions: 2 people

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Thanks for your descending curve x ascending curve summed up what l was trying to type couldn't find the words, makes sense :)

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I don't think it would matter in the slightest, but that's very diligent of you! The increases you are talking about are tiny and well within the margin of error on BG meters.