3.3 reading

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been very strict since my Doctor warned me last week that I might have to have injections. My reading in the morning is around 6.3 and previously it was always around 7.5. My levels are much improved after meal times as well. During the late afternoon I feel a little woosy and trembling, and I know my blood glucose must be low, and thats where I get the 3.3 reading.

I eat breakfast, then have a sandwich at lunchtime, but feel a little weak around 6-00.

Can anyone advise please, as Im determined now to keep off the chocolate, biscuits and cakes, of which I have been eating for the last 10 years since being diagnosed, as other than these sypmtoms, my toes do not tingle now, and Im a lot calmer in myself.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I would suggest a low carb snack mid afternoon, nothing that will spike you. I believe you are going too long between meals. I would Definately stay away from the cakes and biscuits and chocolate.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, glad you're feeling the benefit too. I had a hypo alarm from my meter a few weeks ago (4.4) two hours after lunch (why? dunno) so I had half a small unpeeled apple. I didn't re-test but I judged that would do the trick until teatime.