Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
(1) Diabetes :)
(2) Being told what to do
(3) Seagulls (3a) Seagulls that poo on my car
4) Vimto
1st HbA1c test results are in following diagnosis end of August this year where the result was 84 mmol/mol.......

Now at 51 mmol/mol.

I think I have had a good crack at getting my sugars back on track, now I just need to get my lardy ass down the gym more and shed some weight, I have lost a little (4 kgs) but need to do a fair bit more. Result is mostly down to small diet changes/food swaps & the Metformin I guess.

Big push for weight loss over the next 3 months then I would like to look at binning the Metformin off if the HbA1C has improved further and the Doc/dietician thinks I can do it with my diet alone.

I still wish I had done something about my weight/diet over the past few years so I wouldn't have landed myself with diabetes in the first place but we are all geniuses with hindsight & I need to make the best of the here & now!

Reactions: 3 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, keep it up.
I still wish I had done something about my weight/diet over the past few years so I wouldn't have landed myself with diabetes in the first place
The jury's out on that with a definite swing towards a "don't blame yourself, it's not your fault" verdict. I think there's a view that the cause of T2 is genetic or some sort of "trigger."

Reactions: 4 people

mfactor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Your doc is correct IMO :) , if you google ..."you cant out exercise bad diet" you will find loads of info on it.............

Short version :) exercise for health and fitness and manipulate your food intake/macros for weight loss ............

Reactions: 2 people