32 days to go

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Make sure you get some good night sleep in before you start lol

Very true!

Although, if you decide to go ahead with the freestyle libre it could really help you spot patterns etc I had chronic CGM envy those first few weeks!

Wouldn't change it for anything now..... Except maybe a cure haha

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ouch. Are they ok with that?!? I was advised I couldn't leave the country for the first month, and if I had planned to they would shift the start date to avoid it! A time change is the last thing you need at the start....

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If I can't leave the country fro a month, I'll never get going.
The DSN I've been speaking to thinks I should have a fairly straightforward start.

She's had load of data from me for my running/cycling etc and has a good idea of where I am. I'll also take pens and needles with me to swap back to MDI if i need to. Mainly Aberdeen and Tunisia from there to Christmas.

I've also got my offshore medical status back, how's that going with you or are you resigned to onshore now?

Reactions: 2 people

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Eeeek don't fancy Tunisia! Trinidad is great though, I grew up there :)

I'm resigned to pencil pushing now. It's not ideal, but BP have said no way. They claim it is industry guidelines, but DSN says she has another pumper going offshore. Either way, unless I find a new job I'm at a desk! Making a move internally to the integrity team which should at least make it more interesting!

All in I've had an "easy" start too. Pump has shown I'm still honeymooning, on MDI it was thought I'd stopped. Micro dosing is amazing!

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Eeeek don't fancy Tunisia! Trinidad is great though, I grew up there :)

I'm resigned to pencil pushing now. It's not ideal, but BP have said no way. They claim it is industry guidelines, but DSN says she has another pumper going offshore. Either way, unless I find a new job I'm at a desk! Making a move internally to the integrity team which should at least make it more interesting!

All in I've had an "easy" start too. Pump has shown I'm still honeymooning, on MDI it was thought I'd stopped. Micro dosing is amazing!

So far I've had a few clients say no issues with the pump, just walk aroudn with a gas tester, haven't approached others yet, but lots happy from an MDI perspective.

One potential trip is to Andrew, so I've told our client rep to make sure she tells your mob well in advance, but I'm expecting the "no way pedro" from them.

Glad you're enjoying the pump

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah be prepared for the kick back. If they're ok with it then tell me so I can speak to occ health!!!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Good luck and really hope all goes well with the pump.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey @ElyDave I may well be in Tunisia before the year is out so let's meet up out there if our schedules cross?

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I go on Monday 17th November for the week, Near Sfax, staying mostly on a company camp and likely to be returning to Tunis Thursday evening. It's work as usual.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'll be near Tunis so let me check dates closer to the time.

Elizabeth8001

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The inusin pumps really good it sorted out my diabetes straight away, it really easy to work they are better then injection