3am blood testing

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's getting late and the T1 will be here in the morning
Normally a 3am test is when you are testing to see if you hypo during the night and giving a false number of a morning

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok thank you for that no problem with me I was 11.5 and went to bed at 5.2 so don't no what is going on

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Exactly, so you test in between :) ideally I'd test twice. If you go to bed at 11pm I'd test at 2am and 5am, or something like that. That will give you an indication if the amount of basal you are taking is correct

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

Reactions: 2 people

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That is even worse I start work at 6 bad enough having to do it at 3 never mind twice in one night
A well if I must

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

I start at 6.45 so I feel your pain! But if you do it one or two nights it'll give you an idea of what's going on

gfmoore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you drink plenty of fluids you'll want to get up anyway! and that's when I do mine, not that I'm on insulin, but it's a habit now.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you drink plenty of fluids you'll want to get up anyway! and that's when I do mine, not that I'm on insulin, but it's a habit now.

True! If I wake naturally it's a good habit to get into checking at that time. I like that safety bet of knowing my overnights are stable