4-5 weeks into LCHF - getting the balance right ?

MPH

Started LCHF after diagnosed type 2 approx. 5 weeks ago

Most mornings fbg between 4.6 and 5

Bought some urine testing strips to check for glucose and ketones and I'm now getting myself confused again,

Over the last week the ketone reading has risen from 1,5 mmol/l to 4 mmol/l

Am I overdoing the protein and need to reduce slightly or is it a case of results + uneducated = confusion

Example of food intake yesterday
B. Omelette with red pepper mushrooms tomato and cheese
Late lunch (not hungry) Chicken thigh mixed leaf salad German salami and walnut oil red wine vinegar dressing
S handful of walnuts and brazil nuts

Have lost 1st 4 lb in the last 4-5 weeks and don't feel unwell, in fact better than I have for a long time but don't want to start causing one problem by try to sort out another by raising ketone levels

Any help/advise appreciated as usual from the members

M

lizf4619

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Im pre-diabetes and did great during the first few weeks, lost 5 kilos. Got cocky and lost sight of the overall calorie intake, 1 kilo back on. Low carb high protein high fat works. My snacks have become nuts and cheese - high fat but also very high calories. What proportions are advised? I've cut pasta, rice and potato completely. I have muesli as a garnish a couple of times per week and approx 2 slices of toast per week. As always any other suggestions?

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Yes use the app my fitness pal and enter all your stats to get a reccomended cals per day and it will help you see where you can make tweaks. Clive

KayeStevenson

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
I have reactive hypoglycaemia. I find it reasonably easy to keep carb intake around 30g per day. Bread, pasta, potatoes, rice etc completely eliminated and I am lucky as I have never had a sweet tooth. Eating eggs, fish, white meat, cheese, nuts, full fat cream and yoghurt. I log everything on Myfitnesspal and stay around 1200 calls a day. Not aiming to lose weight although it would be nice to go down a dress size! Have been feeling pretty rough this week and seem to be moving in and out of ketosis. Testing between high 6s and very low 4s. I feel I haven't got the carb/protein/fat balance right. I suppose it is all trial and error.