4 days of glucose monitoring.. what to make of it?

Lovejoy00

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been testing for over four days now, and my levels are a bit random

So far I've learnt I can't eat brown pasta, red wine seems ok and berries cause a mild spike!

My HbA1c was 72 last week when diagnosed. (approx 9 mmol/l?)
upload_2018-2-12_21-30-35.png

Reactions: kokhongw

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes. Like many of us. We find that grains, whole or not...ends up spiking our glucose levels. We have to decide if the claimed nutritional value are worth those spikes and extra doses of insulin...

Looks like you are managing well.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Pasta, no matter what type is high carb.
I tend not to eat anything over 8-10% Total carbohydrate
I would suggest the morning highs are liver dumps,
Depending on your situation, mainly weight, you may well be tapping into your bodies reserves.
Going low carb is a good start, if that's what you want to do, and it is not an instant fix.
Took me three months to beat my BG's into shape.
Welcome and good luck.

Edit: completely missed your ID, which I know very little about, so probably best to ignore my words above and wait for those that know
Sorry

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The 4.8 that morning is most likely a false low as a result of the alcohol the night before.
Certainly the brown pasta did you no favours, but some of the rise may well have been caused by swimming as it was high 4 hours after you ate, which is not good!

Keep going, but try to be consistent with your testing. By that I mean test immediately before you eat and again 2 hours after first bite ..... if you like you could also test again after the 2 hour mark to see how long you are staying high.

Watch the berries for breakfast - try to save them for later in the day. Whilst your levels are high for morning fasting, it is best not to aggravate the situation by eating fruit or carbs. Stick to fats and protein.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It’s early days, but you’re using the info well and learning.
I notice that you kept your liver busy processing alcohol after your “night out”, rather than liver dumping the next morning! ;)

Reactions: Lovejoy00

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
lose the pasta and cut down on the booze then see how it dose. pasta is the cause of your high spike.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
... and lose some of that weight as best as you can