4 mth Type 1 & just climbed Mount Snowdon!!

claridge

Dislikes
Rude arrogant people
Just feeling very proud so thought would post on here that climbed Mount Snowdon this weekend and was diagnosed Type 1 Diabetic nearly 4 months ago! With the aid of a few bits of fruit and nuts it was easy peasy- just have sore legs! :) x

Reactions: Chainsawtom

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Well done Claridge. :D

You deserve to post your achievements on here as an inspiration to all those newly diagnosed.
What can be achieved when you put your mind to it.

Ken.

Do you need any advice for the sore legs ? :lol:

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
That is a great achievement!!Good for you.What a positive attitude you have.

claps-1.gif

claps-1.gif

claps-1.gif

LizzieP

How fantastic! Well done you. Which route? I haven't been up a mountain since diagnosis last May but I was thinking about doing Snowdon this year and now feel really encouraged thanks to your post! :p

chocoholic

I envy you. We've just had to cut short our break to the Snowdonia area, as I got a really heavy cold/flu-y thing. Hubby was determined to go up Snowdon but even climbing much smaller peaks, my legs felt like lead and I was having trouble breathing, so hubby decided we'd go the lazy-man's way up Snowdon.We drove to Lanberis to get the railway only to find it was fully-booked, so we never got to the top of Snowdon at all,by foot or train.Out of interest, had the cloud cleared enough for good views? It rained nearly the whole time we were away, which didn't do much for morale but the little I saw of Wales looked beautiful. Aber falls was really pretty.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well done, as you've show , you don't need to be limited by type 1.
Has it improved up there? Its a long time since I've been and I know that they've pulled the old cafe down.

claridge

Dislikes
Rude arrogant people
We went up the pig route which was very good fun! But had to come down the railway due to the weather- torrential rain for most of it- cloudy pretty much whole way and at one point we had hailstones! But it was great fun though- and sorta scared of hights so maybe a good thing l couldnt see anything haha. Looking forward to doing it again in summer though.
My pre training exercise was spinning class, running machine up hill and walking up stairs at work.
I was so pleased with my Blood sugar! And l got to eat yummy fruit!
Not sure what the cafe was like before but l thought its really good now.
Although take your own food- all pastries and cakes!
x

ZACNEMMA

Thats just admirable

I hope that gives others inspiration, that not only does life go on after diagnosis of type 1 but a fulfilling future lies ahead. My son was diagnosed 5 months ago now- Zac continues with all his activities his favourite being ice skating.

Much respect
Emma and Zac

DominicR

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Just feeling very proud so thought would post on here that climbed Mount Snowdon this weekend and was diagnosed Type 1 Diabetic nearly 4 months ago! With the aid of a few bits of fruit and nuts it was easy peasy- just have sore legs! :) x

Is anyone still going up Snowdon these days from this thread? I want to go up next week April 18th ... I'm type 1 but scared to go up alone

Reactions: jjraak

Chainsawtom

Well done ,great hike isn't it ,on to Ben nevis next then .:)

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Is anyone still going up Snowdon these days from this thread? I want to go up next week April 18th ... I'm type 1 but scared to go up alone
It depends how fit you are.
It is usually pretty busy and has a very clear path so definitely not the most dangerous hike in the UK.