1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

4 mth Type 1 & just climbed Mount Snowdon!!

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by claridge, Jun 21, 2009.

1. claridge

claridge · Well-Known Member

Just feeling very proud so thought would post on here that climbed Mount Snowdon this weekend and was diagnosed Type 1 Diabetic nearly 4 months ago! With the aid of a few bits of fruit and nuts it was easy peasy- just have sore legs! :) x

2. cugila

cugila · Master

Well done Claridge. :D

You deserve to post your achievements on here as an inspiration to all those newly diagnosed.
    What can be achieved when you put your mind to it.

Ken.

Do you need any advice for the sore legs ? :lol:

3. claridge

4. sugarless sue

sugarless sue · Master

That is a great achievement!!Good for you.What a positive attitude you have.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. yipster29

yipster29 · Well-Known Member

well done Jo!!!
    :D 8) :D 8)
    Bet ur stiff in the morning!!

6. gonzo

gonzo · Member

well done!!

Is the new cafe on top open yet?

gonz

7. claridge

Yup it is- its perfect for l thought- not too overdone just nice!

8. LizzieP

LizzieP · Well-Known Member

How fantastic! Well done you. Which route? I haven't been up a mountain since diagnosis last May but I was thinking about doing Snowdon this year and now feel really encouraged thanks to your post! :p

9. chocoholic

chocoholic · Well-Known Member

I envy you. We've just had to cut short our break to the Snowdonia area, as I got a really heavy cold/flu-y thing. Hubby was determined to go up Snowdon but even climbing much smaller peaks, my legs felt like lead and I was having trouble breathing, so hubby decided we'd go the lazy-man's way up Snowdon.We drove to Lanberis to get the railway only to find it was fully-booked, so we never got to the top of Snowdon at all,by foot or train.Out of interest, had the cloud cleared enough for good views? It rained nearly the whole time we were away, which didn't do much for morale but the little I saw of Wales looked beautiful. Aber falls was really pretty.

10. phoenix

phoenix Type 1 · Expert

Well done, as you've show , you don't need to be limited by type 1.
    Has it improved up there? Its a long time since I've been and I know that they've pulled the old cafe down.

11. claridge

We went up the pig route which was very good fun! But had to come down the railway due to the weather- torrential rain for most of it- cloudy pretty much whole way and at one point we had hailstones! But it was great fun though- and sorta scared of hights so maybe a good thing l couldnt see anything haha. Looking forward to doing it again in summer though.
    My pre training exercise was spinning class, running machine up hill and walking up stairs at work.
    I was so pleased with my Blood sugar! And l got to eat yummy fruit!
    Not sure what the cafe was like before but l thought its really good now.
    Although take your own food- all pastries and cakes!
    x

12. ZACNEMMA

ZACNEMMA · Well-Known Member

Thats just admirable

I hope that gives others inspiration, that not only does life go on after diagnosis of type 1 but a fulfilling future lies ahead. My son was diagnosed 5 months ago now- Zac continues with all his activities his favourite being ice skating.

Much respect
    Emma and Zac

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook