5 mile walk after 18 hour fast, is it beneficial?

charlie000

I have one good meal a day, a part of my goal to lose weight. I then fast, and only have water, 0 carb drinks like a green or mint tea, mainly water, until my next meal.

In the morning I wake up and do a 5 mile walk, fast paced, with a break when needed when walking.

I come home sweating! I feel good, I feel clear in my mind and relaxed.

I also noticed my resting heart rate is around 72 beats per minute, before it was around 86-88. When I wake up my I am beating at around 68bpm.

I've been doing these walks for 3 days (I essentially do 5 miles as 5 miles gives me 10k in steps)

Is this beneficial or too much?

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I agree - if it feels good, it's probably doing you good.

Edit: I read about a medical dr who is type 1 and runs marathons in a fasted state! I think it was in The Complete Guide to Fasting.

Reactions: charlie000

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
What Jim Lahey said! Aerobic exercise over time will usually strengthen your heart they do say, so it doesn't have to work so hard and pump so fast, they do say.
There is a story that's linked to from *someplace* on here about a T1 possibly dr, who ran (not fast) many hundreds of miles, about 10 miles/day. He wasn't fasting, but was in deep ketosis, and did this stunt to see if it was possible. I remember he said he was 59, and not very much of a runner. Wow.

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What Jim Lahey said! Aerobic exercise over time will usually strengthen your heart they do say, so it doesn't have to work so hard and pump so fast, they do say.
There is a story that's linked to from *someplace* on here about a T1 possibly dr, who ran (not fast) many hundreds of miles, about 10 miles/day. He wasn't fasting, but was in deep ketosis, and did this stunt to see if it was possible. I remember he said he was 59, and not very much of a runner. Wow.
That may be the same one I'm (inaccurately) recalling.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@joscloud I'm not saying my memory is perfect
As I recall it, it was a coastal route. Mist have been GORGEOUS.