5 wks late on period & docs no help!

louluton

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all.
I'm currently five wks late on my period. I have sore breasts, feeling bloated, moody, dizzy and suffering from headaches. I've taken four tests, each one a week apart and all negative.

I called my doctors surgery and asked to see a doctor. They have no appointments available until 29th May. I explained my situation with being T2 and they booked me to see a nurse.

I saw her this morn only to be told to wait a few more weeks and take another test. She also said they won't do anything until I'm three months without a period. I explained again me being T2 and how important it is I'm monitored if I am indeed pregnant. But she apologised for being vague and sent me on my way!

Am I worrying to much or should I be pushing them harder for results? My sugar levels are under 5.5 so I'm good with that with a hbac1 of 44 percent. I'll keep testing in the mean time too.

Has anyone else gone for a long period of time with negative pregnancy test results?

Any information would help just to figure out if I'm overreacting or whether I should calm down and relax

fig

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
yay it sounds promising with all those symptoms. It looks like you have your diabetes under tight control which is great but i would wait until Tuesday and call your diabetes clinic at your local hospital as that tends to be where all the pregnant diabetic stuff happens rather than at your local doctors surgery. Try to relax and enjoy your weekend but keep those blood sugars low just in case :)

Reactions: 3 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Type 2's are still mainly seen at GP's... Type 1's are mainly seen by hospitals.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I would contact the maternity section at the hospital too. Good luck!

fig

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Type 2's are still mainly seen at GP's... Type 1's are mainly seen by hospitals.

i think all hospitals must do things differently as at my local hospital the waiting room was always full and after chatting to different people it seemed like most of them had gestational diabetes or were type 2, not anywhere near as many type 1's.

Crimsonclient

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
At our local diabetes clinic it's on a case by case basis if you need them you need them it's nothing to do with type

Type 2 diagnosed 24/01/2013.
Novomix 30, Victoza, Simvistatin.

kt78

Hi there
Some type 2 medications aren't safe to use in pregnancy, check with a medical professional asap. If you are planning pregnancy you should be put on insulin. Hope all goes well x

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Fingers crossed for you! Are you on the higher dose of folic acid? If not then you need to be and it's only available on prescription, your doing brilliant with your bloods so stay focused with that as that's really important. Other than that I'd wait till you get a positive test then insist you are seen by a diabetes antenatal team if they have one at your local hospital x