6 Healthy Reasons to Eat More Real Cinnamon (Not its Cousin)

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This showed up in my mail box this morning from GreenMedInfo...

6 Healthy Reasons to Eat More Real Cinnamon (Not its Cousin)
https://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/6-healthy-reasons-eat-more-real-cinnamon-not-its-cousin

"If you live in North America or Europe that jar of "cinnamon" in your cupboard is probably not truly cinnamon at all, but a very similar spice known as cassia or "******* cinnamon."

True cinnamon is usually labeled "Ceylon cinnamon" and comes principally from Sri Lanka (called Ceylon in colonial times), India, Madagascar, Brazil and the Caribbean. Cassia, on the other hand, is often designated as "Chinese cinnamon" or "Saigon cinnamon" and comes principally from Indonesia, China, Vietnam, Japan and Korea.

Read article for 6 health benefits.

I researched which cinnamon to use for diabetes a few years ago, and found the information to be conflicting. There's a company that sells both types of cinnamon in stick form. They even sell a cinnamon grater. I'd like to try Ceylon cinnamon, but not sure what if any foods it would compliment on the ketogenic diet.

Would love hearing ideas from you all on keto foods to add cinnamon to. :)

Lisa

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just take cinnamon (Ceylon) in tablet form, as I’ve read it’s good not only for blood sugar stability, but for osteoarthritis which I have too.

Sapien

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Does anyone know which brands of Ceylon cinnamon are really Ceylon?

A lot of reviews of Ceylon cinnamon sold on Amazon complain of cassia being labeled Ceylon.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)