6 years in and fed up. Type1.

gemthomoZA

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys,
I'm 31 and have been Type 1 Diabetic now for about 6 years. I've always just got on with the illness, and tried not to think about it too much but lately I've just been feeling frustrated/alone/sick and tired of it. I'm tired of having mood swings and having to go to bed early and eat specific stuff all the time and retaining weight, no matter what I eat/level of exercise. In general, I'm just FED UP!
Anyone keen to offer up some encouragement and words of affirmation?
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Gemma

LucyM88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there Gemma, I'm Lucy.

We have all been there, obvious thing to say but we have. In my moments where I feel like I can't cope with it all I have a harsh word to myself. It's not going to go away, this is for life. If I can't be bothered then I'm setting myself up for failure.

But that's my way of coping. You can always come on here to vent or if you're on Facebook find a support group you can join.

You. Are. Not. Alone.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I think we can all understand and it affects us all in different ways. When you say you eat specific stuff and retaining weight what exactly do you mean? I assume you are carb-counting with Basal/Bolus and therefore can have some flexibility with food? Are you worried about weight gain or loss?

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
As well as the post above, how is your bg control? I know when mine isn't great it can create mood swings X

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I feel quite similar today. Must be that awful, grey weather in London :) The only thing I can say is that it will pass. If you need to talk to fellow diabtics, come to our London meet up. Next one on 19th of March

Reactions: 2 people

gemthomoZA

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I think we can all understand and it affects us all in different ways. When you say you eat specific stuff and retaining weight what exactly do you mean? I assume you are carb-counting with Basal/Bolus and therefore can have some flexibility with food? Are you worried about weight gain or loss?
Yes, I carb count and am on pretty strict on low-carb diet (although I allow myself a little respite on the weekends but never excessively). I went through about three months last year where I just picked up about 6kg's inexplicably. I am really battling to shift that weight - it sits around my belly area. I don't inject all that much generally (about 22 units Lantus at night and Novorapid during the day depending on carb content of the food I'm eating). HbA1c was 6.9 when I checked it in October.

gemthomoZA

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I feel quite similar today. Must be that awful, grey weather in London :) The only thing I can say is that it will pass. If you need to talk to fellow diabtics, come to our London meet up. Next one on 19th of March
That sounds great! I might be in Bath that weekend but if that changes, I'll be there. Could you send me more details?

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That sounds great! I might be in Bath that weekend but if that changes, I'll be there. Could you send me more details?
We post it here, in type 1 section. Have a look at the forum from time to time. Our date is set, but we haven't decided on venue yet

Reactions: 2 people