60 euros

la signora

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am in Italy at present and , as I've told you am eating to my meter and testing away. Well I have run out of strips ( used up a lot at first making mistakes, trembling fingers etc.) So I decided to buy some more here rather than waiting to get back to UK. You can see from the title what 50 accu-check strips cost me.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That is a lot of money. They cost £25 from pharmacies in England. I bought mine from Ebay at a quarter of the price, but have since changed to a different meter.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
cor thats expensive
i just bought 500 codefree strips on amazon for £74

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They cost 45 euros here in Spain so I changed to codefree much cheaper '

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
bluetit, which site do you use?

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i can,t find how to join and view test strips

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
i can,t find how to join and view test strips

You don't need to join, but I agree the website is quite difficult to navigate. Open the link then scroll down until you see "To purchase additional lancets and strips click here." in small writing. Open that link then scroll down again until you see "Other Product Matches - click the links below to find out more!" and click on Codefree test strips. Scroll down again, complete the questions (are you diabetic and number you want to order) and then add to basket.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
thank you bluetit for explaining

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I suspect that is the problem with going to a pharmacy who can charge what they like
The Amazon Italian prices seem very close to the 'fixed prices here in France ie about 45€ for 50.; though I notice if you then go onto linked sites you can (like in the UK but not here because of legislation) find some less well known makes for half the price

la signora

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I won't be buying them here again. Next visit I will take some out with me.
Perhaps I should put them on my list for Father Christmas.
Everything here in Central Italy is expensive except wine and cappucinos.