640g

Daniel33

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetees
Hi there just a quick question does the 640g give u your bg levels without the cgm ano it might sound like a daft question but I am gunner start on this pump at the end of the month am not sure if they'll find the cgm for I've lost all awareness of high bloods and petrified of hypos I am new type diabetes only 1 year and had sum horrible hypos fed up of finger pricking every hour any advise ie much appreciated

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hi there just a quick question does the 640g give u your bg levels without the cgm ano it might sound like a daft question but I am gunner start on this pump at the end of the month am not sure if they'll find the cgm for I've lost all awareness of high bloods and petrified of hypos I am new type diabetes only 1 year and had sum horrible hypos fed up of finger pricking every hour any advise ie much appreciated
No the pump does not read blood sugar readings unless the CGM is in use, thus you need a transmitter and sensors.
You will still have to do finger pricks whilst using a CGM and or pump.

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Working full time, fairground rides or anything which makes too much adrenaline!
Hi Daniel, I've just been given this pump (not actually attached to it yet though) and it's all a bit new to me. If you have no hypo awareness you should put a case in for funding for the CGM with your local diabetes team as I believe if you have no hypo awareness you are more likely to get funding for the CGM. I was told this by the Medtronic Rep lady yesterday. There is certain criteria which they will consider for funding (i.e. child/pregnancy/no hypo awareness) but I think it is a bit of a postcode lottery to be honest. Would be worth an ask though as this pump would be amazing if you could get the CGM funded! It helps with cutting hypos greatly.

As for showing your blood glucose on the display, it will only do this constantly if it's attached to te CGM unfortunately. When you do a blood test you input it into the bolus wizard and this blood result is shown on the front screen for 12 minutes. They told me the reason it was only shown for 12 minutes was due to the fact that after this time the blood result would no longer be accurate.

It's a great little pump! I'm not even on it yet and I love how easy it is to navigate through all the menu's. :)

Daniel33

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetees
Thanks very much for the fed back ye I will have to do discus with my team about cgm I've lost all hyper and hypo awareness it happens so fast an am just the either way thanks