a bit worried

porcia

Hi to everyone.
Im new here and wanted some advice.
Recently i had a full blood count done at the hospital because i have been feeling really tired all the time and have little energy.
I also had a bloods done with the g.p.,s practice nurse and she told me that my reading was 6.4
She said it was o.k but a few days later i recieved a letter from my g.p. asking me to have a fasting test done.
The other symptoms i have been having is headaches,shoulder pain and sometimes my legs ache.
I at first thought it was side effects to the antidepressants that i have been on for the past 5 wks,but i am a little worried.
Can anyone give me some pointers about what to expect when i have this fasting test done please.
many thanks

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Hi Porcia ,basically you fast from 10pm the night before then go to the doctors and have bloods taken.These are sent for testing and ,dependent on the result will tell if you have diabetes.The doctor may also order a glucose tolerance test which involves fasting ,again .They take bloods then you drink a measured amount of glucose then they take bloods 2 hours later.This measures how well your body metabolises glucose.

Trinkwasser

sugarless sue said:
Hi Porcia ,basically you fast from 10pm the night before then go to the doctors and have bloods taken.These are sent for testing and ,dependent on the result will tell if you have diabetes.The doctor may also order a glucose tolerance test which involves fasting ,again .They take bloods then you drink a measured amount of glucose then they take bloods 2 hours later.This measures how well your body metabolises glucose.

Here they make to buy your own Lucozade (which is disgusting stuff I would never drink especially when I was ill) they tried to make me take the rest of the bottle home with me but I refused <G>

They actually did immediate, 1 hour and 2 hour tests. I fell alseep part way through. Don't think of driving home after one of these, you can be surprisingly rough until you've slept it off.