1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

A Christmas Safety Moment

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' started by hale710, Dec 11, 2013.

1. hale710

hale710 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

A Christmas Message

With Xmas upon us I would like to share a personal experience with my friends about drinking and driving.

As you may know some of us have been known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time on the way home after a "social session" out with friends. Well two days ago I was out for an evening with friends and had several cocktails followed by some rather nice red wine. Feeling jolly I still had the sense to know that I may be slightly over the limit.

That's when I did something that I've never done before - I took a taxi home. Sure enough on the way home there was a police roadside checkpoint but since it was a cab they waved it past. I arrived home safely without incident.

This was a real surprise, as I had never driven a taxi before, I don't know where I got it and now that it's in my garage I don't know what to do with it. :***:

2. Giverny

Giverny Friend · Admin
    Administrator

3. BramHall456

BramHall456 · Active Member

4. 2christine

2christine Type 2 · Well-Known Member

5. daisy1

daisy1 Type 2 · Legend

In Switzerland they have a scheme called "Red nose" where anyone who has drunk too much and driven there, is driven back home in his own car by a volunteer. Another car goes too to drive the volunteer back. This service, which is limited to the Christmas and New Year period, is free, but donations are suggested, and they are usually very generous. The money goes to charity. There are hundreds of volunteers.

6. hale710

hale710 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

That's an awesome scheme daisy!

I went for the safer option and live in the centre of town, a 10 minute walk saves any driving issues!

• Like Like x 2
  7. tomcraig1

tomcraig1 · Newbie

Ya really nice scheme

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook