Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thinking about a line from a pm I received earlier today:
I often feel humbled by people's generosity of time and experience

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of time, effort and energy people give up to this forum out of the goodness of their hearts. Let's hear it for all of you, moderators and members alike.

Very best to you all,

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Yes, I'll second that! :D

I salute you all!

Nigel

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
yayyyyy here here ,
without u dan we wouldnt be here so thankyou x

Doczoc

Here's to the biggest and best diabetes forum! I wonder how many lives have been changed for the better by being a member on here? I know mine has. It's literally saved my life. Nice work everyone.

Pinnig

And a big thanks from me too. I come here often for answers and when I couldn't find them I've posted a question. Every time I've had sound, sensible advice in a speedy reply from someone who has been there and has been happy to share their experience and knowledge. There's no substitute for it and this forum is worth it's weight in gold!

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians
Numero Uno.

Beware of imitations. 8)

andy_hull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would also like to thank all the people who have helped me, I was diagnosed in Oct 09 and have lots a useful advise :D

Shazza

Just wanted to say thanks, stumbled across this forum on an afternoon release from hospital with Son, have found more info on here than anywhere thanks all xxxx

vivkaroo

Dislikes
Grumpy people, being bored, Bad weather. smoking
god bless you all special thanks to ken :D wonderfull work by you all x

Dobbs

couldn't agree more - you guys (the moderators and some of the frequent posters) ROCK!! you're doing great work and really helping a large number of people, many of whom you probably don't even know about. :D

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Yes, thanks Dan. 2 years ago I was contemplating becoming disabled with intense leg muscle pains that made it painful to get out of bed. Advice from Fergus & others on low carb transformed my life.

You will see on the X-PERT thread that I was able to use the knowledge & experience gained here to assist with the course. The course leader was the dietitian who taught me to eat complex carbs & whose dietary advice I sought to follow. Her advice is different now.

The problem is that most of the professionals are not diabetic, & can only give the advice they are taught. Their experience is second hand by observation. They need people like us to show them the way.

carolynjw

Totally agree - this forum has definitely saved my life in just a few months.

I was just about suicidal back in November, and have turned around my diet, decreased my insulin, dropped my Hba1c by 1.6 - all in a few months.

Thanks everyone on here...... :D