a good laugh

bedshaped2000

anybody want a good laugh? i have moved recently and have had to change my doctors. well my fears were confirmed as i met my new doctor. i told him my life story of my weight loss and hba1c results to be told wait for it............... that it is debatable weather i am still diabetic. i didnt even get to ask about my ration of test strips as i thought of all the paperwork i will have to do to change my practice again. as i stated to him that if you put 80g of potato in front of me and il prove im diabetic he just looked at me confused. i have gone from excellent health care to this jiberish it just shows the different diabetic knowledge there is in different areas of the same county scary!

Unbeliever

Oh how I can empathise wih you on his bedshaped2000. After working hard at establishing a good relationship with a doctor at my old practice i was forced to change practices for the sake of moving a few yards to the wrong side of the practice area boundary.
I have spent countless hours in the waiting room of the new place attending endless clinics
which just duplicate each other. This is all in the cause of putting me on insulin. In my first conversation on the phone with the DN before we met and before she had my records she spoke of the possibility of my going onto insulin. Which apparently- wait for it- always agrees with everyone immediately and never has any side effects. How can you rust anyone who says these things.
After nearly two years of this i just want to move again to get away from this practice. the nly doctor I have seen in connection with my diabees insisted upon quoting Diabetes uk at me as though it were the las word and infallible.
The rouble is that here is no way of knowing how a practice reats diabetics unil it is oo late.
In my previous practice i was not at all impressed with the Diabetic Dr but was fortunate to be referred to another Dr who a great deal of experience in the subject and was one of the rare breed who are prepared o treat paients as individuals.
It is extremely difficult when moving into an area o find out about these matters immediately . if on medication you can't delay in registering either.
I hope you manage to find a doctor in whom you can place more confidence. It is quite disturbing to find how many of them appear to have accepted the idea that diabetes is a lifesyle choice which can be cured if only the patient will cooperate and change his ways.