A nice little find!

Fallenstar

I missed my Cappucino's and didn't want to waste my carb quota on milk, so I was looking for an alternative. i have one of those milk frother thingy's :lol: . So instead off relegating it to the back of the kitchen gadget cupboard I went on walk about. I did not fancy Soy, it just dosen't taste right to me...and the Phytoestrogen link put me off it also.

So I found Blue Diamond, Almond Breeze. Almond milk...Mmmm, I was a bit sceptical but thought it may be the answer to my coffee craving problem so grabbed a carton, and it worked, Frothed up great, tased good after the first :shock: mouth full, and best of all it has 0.2 Grams of Carbs per 100 ml. Milk has 4.8 grams of carbs per 100 mils. I still have a good slug of cream in with it...but that is optional, though makes it taste even better.

WhitbyJet

Oohh thats great, I have been wondering about almond milk the other day, how would you describe the taste, is it like liquid marzipan??
Doesnt matter, I like marzipan anyway, I must definitely give this a whirl, thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

robertwt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Rudeness, bad driving, incautious use of English
That's one I shall be trying! Thanks for the pointer.......

Fallenstar

Hope you like it Robert!

WJ' to be honest it does remind me a little of Soy milk, it's not obtrusive ,to be honest more on the watery side...AND I read the ingredients the other day and here's why, the main ingredients is spring water (fair enough) healthy,, the second on the list is Almonds (2%) :***: So yeh, they threatened it with the Almonds!

Anyway along with the big glug of cream and two t-spoons of strong Coffee it will do for me :D

While I'm on, I'm on the scrounge WJ :D , I need a recipe for Moussaka, I thought now who do I know...... :wink: Have you one on here Hun ? or one you can send me?

xxx

WhitbyJet

Fallenstar said:
Hope you like it Robert!

WJ' to be honest it does remind me a little of Soy milk, it's not obtrusive ,to be honest more on the watery side...AND I read the ingredients the other day and here's why, the main ingredients is spring water (fair enough) healthy,, the second on the list is Almonds (2%) :***: So yeh, they threatened it with the Almonds!

Anyway along with the big glug of cream and two t-spoons of strong Coffee it will do for me :D

While I'm on, I'm on the scrounge WJ :D , I need a recipe for Moussaka, I thought now who do I know...... :wink: Have you one on here Hun ? or one you can send me?

xxx

Look in the low carb recipe thread, I just posted a recipe for moussaka, hope you enjoy, adjust seasonings to your taste.

Etty

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't work out why you need the almond milk if you are already using a good slug of cream?

Fallenstar

Hi Etty

The fat in the cream slows down the absorption of the coffee , so the caffeine does not seem to hit my blood stream quiet so quick and cause the adrenal response which in turn causes my BG to rise. I have tested this one out a nice slow rise.

Also, it tastes nice.

Also, I need all the extra calories I can get.

and, it's a cappuccino, so you need the almond milk to froth....Lovely and a lot less carbs than cows milk