A nightmare!

valattrevear

Dislikes
Vegetables!
The builders are converting my downstairs bathroom into a wet room, the house was built in 1675, the plumbing was last overhauled in this room about forty years ago. Do I need to tell you how many anguished oaths I have heard today, as they uncover yet another nightmare :roll: . The discovery that all the pipes are lead sent them into a frenzy :lol: :lol: . This is going to be an interesting few weeks, and as I can't always get upstairs I may be a tad ripe by the time they've finished :twisted:
Please send emergency supplies of teabags and biscuits, neither of which do we keep as a rule. I naively bought a pack of 80 teabags :lol: :lol: , what will I give them tomorrow :lol:
Val

suzi

Dislikes
people who are rude and ignorant, and people who have no patience in queues.
Hi Val,
Honestly didn't think they'd be many with lead in their plumming after 334 years :lol: :lol: ,
Sorry couldn't resist,
Suzi x

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
A pack of baby wipes might be useful.
What about the kind of heater you just put in to the tea pot?
Hana

valattrevear

Dislikes
Vegetables!
Hana, have bought large amounts of baby wipes, but when they made them they did not allow for the acreage I need to wipe :lol:
Val

viv1969

valattrevear said:
Hana, have bought large amounts of baby wipes, but when they made them they did not allow for the acreage I need to wipe :lol:
Val

Achreage!!! Now I needed THAT laugh!! Thank you so much!

valattrevear

Dislikes
Vegetables!
Update, holding up part of the wall in the bathroom were some rolled up newspapers :shock: ,dated 1902! While this may seem a little dodgy by todays building regs it has obviously worked :lol: :lol: . Builders [Steve and Mark] are now resigned to their fate and working like the cheerful souls they are :) . They were devastated at having to remove a beautiful slate floor :(
Val

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I'd weep for the floor too.
I only use baby wipes on granddaughter's botty nowadays and that's only 18 months old and skinny.
When we first bought tthis house, we liked that it has downstairs loo, but being pre-war, it didn't have a wash-hand basin then. We put one in about 10 years ago. Until then I had a pack of baby wipes on the window ledge.
Off topic
Baby Amelie is obsessed with wipes and asks for one to wipe her mouth at frequent intervals.
Last week. I took my attention off her in the butcher's to make my order. When I turned to her, she was saying "wipe! wipe" and pointing. She'd posted it beween 2 glass counter covers. I hadn't noticed the gap and there it was right by the onion bhajis. I told the butcher, who retrieved it and threw it away. I had to provide another one.

valattrevear

Dislikes
Vegetables!
Hana Our downstairs loo doesn't have a handbasin either :( , but I keep a bottle of that sanitising gel in there. Amelie is certainly going to keep you young, she sounds so much FUN :lol: .
The slates are going to be relaid in our newish porch [Mark the builders idea] so I'm not too sad.
Val