A Public Answer......

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
....to an unsolicited private conversation sent to me today.
Question
I wonder who the Doctor thinks gave me my ........................ ( I was born with it). Yours .....

My public answer
Read "This Be The Verse" by Philip Larkin ;)

This person has made no posts since joining in February. Goodness knows why he has asked me who is responsible for his condition.

Ps (.................. is a chromosome abnormality affecting males only. The main features being a pot belly and small genitals) ....what has that to do with diabetes? :hilarious:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i always blamed myself for my pot belly and god for my small genitals :)

Reactions: 9 people
C

catherinecherub

The person who sent you the Conversation may be embarrassed by his syndrome and the effects it has on him and people do send Conversations occasionally on a one to one basis. My answer has always been that it is better to post openly on the forum so that others with more information can help and you can get a more balanced answer. Why he picked you is anybody's guess.

He may be a diabetic as there is an increased risk of diabetes with this condition.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20231162

Last edited:
K

Kat100

Maybe your health background made this person think you knew the answer.....just a guess...

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Beachbag, if it's a genuine, let's call it a cry for help, then it's kind of obvious the sender thinks you have the answer.
Could there be perhaps a clue in an earlier post you sent in? I don't know. (even if one of your replies was misunderstood)

In a way it's kind of a compliment that the member chose you for help on this occasion, again, providing it is a genuine plea for help.

Hope you find out.

willie.

Reactions: 6 people

kesun

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
is a relatively common chromosome disorder. Men who have it tend to be a bit feminine physically, and many have mild learning difficulties. It isn't usually inherited but is a "de novo" chromosome anomaly similar to Down's on chromosome 23.

I am a little shocked that anyone thinks it's appropriate to mock someone who suffers from it.

Kate

Reactions: 4 people

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
............ is a relatively common chromosome disorder. Men who have it tend to be a bit feminine physically, and many have mild learning difficulties. It isn't usually inherited but is a "de novo" chromosome anomaly similar to Down's on chromosome 23.

I am a little shocked that anyone thinks it's appropriate to mock someone who suffers from it.

Kate
If you saw the rest of the post and the others I've received from various anonymous people you may be even more shocked!!

Reactions: 5 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
in defense, some of us have experienced, shall we say questionable pm recently, so being sceptical is natural,

Reactions: 3 people

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Yep,A few of us have had cryptic messages sent to us-the content didn't break any rules per se but was spooky all the same.

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
If you saw the rest of the post and the others I've received from various anonymous people you may be even more shocked!!

Aaaah, you didn't include that bit beachbag, now that puts a completely different slant on it.

willie.

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
@Andy12345
@paul-1976

Zactly! If I receive any more "private conversations" which I consider to be suspect I will make them public. Thank you.

Reactions: 6 people

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
Aaaah, you didn't include that bit beachbag, now that puts a completely different slant on it.

willie.
It's ok Willie, I'm not upset. I have been around the internet far too long, but I will deal with things as I see fit and publicity does tend to work quite well ;)

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Yep,A few of us have had cryptic messages sent to us-the content didn't break any rules per se but was spooky all the same.

Have you all reported these PM's?
If they are as bad as mentioned they really should be. Might be a case of banning some of the posters.

If they have the same agenda as trolls/flamers, they'll just love reading all the posts referring to them.

willie.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i send them to myself, then complain about it just so i can enjoy being talked about

Reactions: 8 people
K

Kat100

Hi beachbag, now I know more, I don't think you should be receiving those kind of messages...
They can be upsetting at the time of reading ..........

Open and honest is what this support should be about IMHO of course......

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
The people never actually post on the forum. Just send private conversations and disappear. I have no doubt others receive them too. If I felt threatened I would report them. It isn't anything like as bad here as other forums I've used in the past :).