A Second Opinion

My doctor has ‘reconsidered’ my initial blood test results and arrived at a second opinion. To be fair, it’s good value when you don’t have to approach someone else to get your second opinion! So much more convenient.

He had originally felt that a diet and exercise regime would be the best initial course of action. Now he feels that immediate medication is required. Of course I simply replied that whatever he recommend is fine by me.

He made a big point of the possible side-effects of medication. It was almost as if he was covering himself in case these became a problem.

I wonder if some other patients perhaps become ever so slightly indignant over side effects? In this day and age of ‘human rights’ I can imagine the grief he gets when his life-saving prescriptions cause public flatulence or some such minor inconvenience!

Also, my wife has to pick up the prescription tomorrow as well as replacing most of this week’s grocery delivery which had arrived the day after my diagnosis. I'm sure I'll find another use for the biscuit tin!

Grazer

Hi David! A second opinion from the same person used to be called a change of mind! :lol:
Good luck with the metformin. if you have too many probs with the the tummy probs, either buy some bicycle grips or ask the doc for the slow release version which won't give you the same side effects. just cost a few pence more!
Any questions just ask.
Cheers

Grazer said:
...buy some bicycle grips or ask the doc for the slow release version which won't give you the same side effects.

Hi Grazer - good advice. Thanks. They might come in handy for this too: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=29455