1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Approved A survey for type 1 diabetics or their parents.

Discussion in 'Diabetes Research' started by Joy_S., Dec 31, 2016.

1. Joy_S.

Joy_S. · Newbie

To all type 1 diabetics and parents of type 1 diabetics,

The survey, "Type 1 Diabetics and Antibiotics" was created for you to answer. The goal in creating this survey was to see if antibiotics could potentially increase the risk of developing type 1 diabetes in those who are genetically predisposed. If you are the parent/guardian of a child diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, you are encouraged to answer for your child. The survey is composed of 26 multiple choice questions, which should take 20 minutes, maximum, to complete. Here is the link to the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/type1diabetesandantibiotics. If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or feedback, please post here, or send me a PM
    Your time is a great help and greatly appreciated.

All the best,

Joy S.

#1 Joy_S., Dec 31, 2016 at 2:04 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2016
  2. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Got to Q12 and have to give-up @Joy_S.

I was diagnosed with type 1 in my late teens and it would be impossible for me to remember how many times I'd taken antibiotics or which type they were, at best any answers would just be a guess so not very accurate for research purposes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

I was diagnosed as a kid. Never taken antibiotics.. Prior to diagnosis or to this day...

4. Heathero

Heathero Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Also diagnosed young 5 years not aware of having had anti-biopics.

5. diamondnostril

diamondnostril Type 1 · Well-Known Member

The opening page of the survey states that this is for T1s who are 18 and under, or parents of T1s 18 and under (not for older people who were diagnosed at 18 and under). I guess this is to get around the problems of trying to remember from too far back. Copy-and-Paste is below.

This is a survey for those 18 years and under or parent of children 18 and under. It is regarding your (or your child's) antibiotic use prior to your (or their) type 1 diabetes diagnosis.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. victoria21

victoria21 Type 1 · Active Member

Any idea why you can't put your age in on the surgery?... Asks for your or your child's age.. then in years box, it'll only let you go up to 18?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook